Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
give your puppy or adult boxer a bath and what kind of shampoo is good for our fur babies?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just give mine a bath when they need it. The Shampoo I use is called Miracle Coat. They have all different kinds of formulas for different kinds of fur and stuff. I get the one for puppies :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
When Chloe was a puppy I used to use Spa Dog Botanicals Puppy Shampoo. Now I use their Adventure dog suds.  This and Earthbath are about the only ones I will use on her because of her skin problem, But Spa dog is my favorite. Spa Dog  I only bathe her when it's really needed, unless she ends up jumping in the shower with me which she does quite often..lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
i usually give tyson a bath every other week or if needed - i use an organic oatmeal shampoo that has special conditioners in it, there are many brands available, it comes vet recomended and groomer rec as well

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ares is pretty clean, so I'll go with one every month unless he gets really dirty before then.  I use Simple-Clean Shampoo, Veterinary formula that is hypoallergenic.  It has no fragrance, coloring, soaps, or irritating additives.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do in the winter yet.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I think I have given Hanna a bath about 4 times in the past year.   Only bathe when they need it.  Excess bathing strippes their coats of the natural oils and can cause dandriff and severe dry skin.

Always use a shampoo (we use Earth Bath product Lines) that is formulated for a dog.   They have a different PH level than those for human products.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
We bath Reese an Savannah once as needed. When we do though i use an oatmeal infusion shapoo with those little micro beads with aloe :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Unless they are really dirty or stinky from excess play I give mine a bath every couple months. One of the things I like about boxers is they don't seem to get as stinky smelling as other breeds and they do have a tendency to dry skin as well, which excess bathing can make worse, unless you use a good shampoo and conditioner...Miracle Coat is a very good one...Funny thing, when I lived in Calif, Buck & Tia were constantly in the pool, never had a doggie odor and never had dry skin either, but we didn't keep the chlorine levels that high....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ziggi gets a bath about once a week (sometimes more due to his love of the MUD) because he swims in the pool everyday and we like to keep the chorine off him.  Teaki gets one about every 2-3 weeks.  We use premium brand doggie shampoo either oatmeal or green apple.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info.  Kane has been scratching lately and my son said I should give him a bath.  He is also sheding quite a bit and itchy and he making me itchy watching him.  So I'm going to try giving him a bath -- wish me luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts