Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 971 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I think it depends on how many pounds a month they're gaining. Average gain was about 6 lbs a month from vet records. Gus is 65 lbs at 12 months, his sire at 4 is 74 lbs. From 12 months on I'm told there will be alot of muscle added to his body, even though his height will remain the same.

I'm not sure if they can predict size until they are a year.

Ann

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The thing is, every dog is different, you cannot gauge your pups growth against another..Trust me, you will start freaking out if your weights aren't the same as anothers...Flick is a very slow grower, he was 8 lbs at 8 wks, 10 lbs at 10 wks, etc etc..The last weigh in he had was back in Dec at 9 mos, he weighed 68 lbs and was as tall as Angel..I quit worrying about weight with him a long time ago..He's almost 17 mos now and definitely starting to take on his "adult personna", but now we are at the filling out stage, even his head is filling out :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lennox (15 weeks) is 26.1 lbs. We were worried that he is too skinny, b/c he doesn't eat too much kibble at once. We feed him 3x per day, and he never eats too much. But, from the looks of these postings, it looks like he is a normal weight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Koby had vet check up today and at 16 weeks he weighed in at 47 lbs. He's also not a big eater about 5 cups though out the day.

At 12 weeks he was 36 lbs. He's been gaining about 10-12 lbs a month. Vet said thats normal

·
Registered
124 Posts
at 12 weeks, gyspy was like 14.5 pounds i think? and about two weeks ago, 17 weeks, she was like 22 pounds i think? we haven't weighed her since then. but she's fairly small in my opinion.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hennesy is 3 months and 1 week and she's a whopping 30 lbs. Her ribs still show and she eats a lot!!! 20 lbs of muscle and i think 10 lbs is her head :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
5 cups a day does seem like alot.

Lexi is 5 months and about 35-37lbs. She eats about 3-3.25 cups a day.

21 - 40 of 971 Posts