Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone elses boxers get a little rough when playing. My Delila gets very vocal and sounds like a possessed dog when she and Ekim play. I always stand guard and stop all play if I see it escalating, I use the word ENOUGH, Ekim stops immediately, but the little one always needs a fimer No and a time out. She is a lot more stubborn than he is. But, Oh so cute.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sumya plays pretty rough with her boxer friends, they grab hold of each others jowels and pull and make all sorts of crazy noises.Delila sure is little firecracker!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Very typical of boxer play.  I think generally they are having fun despite the crazy noises.  If one starts to look like they've had enough, that's a good time to step in though.

G

·
0 Posts
It sounds  like WWIII in our house when my two roughhouse....or the WWF (whatever the initials are for the wresting things) lol...they body slam each other....box....sprint with each other, etc...sooo funny!  Very loud...and Jetta is always pulling Bo's jowel, leg, ears, neck etc.

G

·
0 Posts
bear is still around 3 months old, but he sounds like a tazmanian devil.  binga acts like a retard and ya... they are both pretty rough.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Lucy and Sam play very rough - growling, body slams, boxing, grabbing each other's necks and feet. Sometimes I get nervous when Sam pins Lucy down and, to me, it seems like he is not playing anymore but my hubby says I am a worry wart. In any case, if it escalates beyond my comfort, I interject. I either just say "hey, too rough" or "enough" and they stop...but usually only for a minute and then they are back at it but just not as rough. Funny though, neither of them play like that with other dogs, only with each other.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson & Angel don't really play, the age thing you know, but Buck & Tia were always at it...Tia was the instigator, always nipping at a leg or an ear, then it would start and boy they sounded like enemies, but all in good fun..I think I had to break it up twice, once due to Buck getting his foot caught in Tia's collar...All I had to say was "ok, that's enuf guys" and they would stop immeadiately

G

·
0 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"94248 said:
ooo...welcome...I'm assuming you are binga and bear's daddy?
that would be him!  i am trying to get addicted too!  haha  :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Boz plays super rough, he doesn't know when to stop playing even! He won't notice when dogs are getting mad at him, and he'll still be playing but the other dogs are angry! That's only as long he isn't playing with another boxer, he plays super rough with other boxers! It's really fun to watch!

·
Registered
880 Posts
My boxers play really rough, but they are always having a really good time.  If they start growling too much during play I grab them by the back of the neck and say "quiet"  so they know its no acceptable to growl while playing.  I just don't want the play to escalate too far.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, mine play really rough, too.  All kinds of growling and crazy sounds.  And now Barkley tries to get in on the action.  He already thinks he's a big dog...hehehe!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Major plays really rough too, but its funny, cuz its only w/ certain breeds.  Like he was chasing an italian greyhound around the other day, and playing w/ a lab, but not really rough.  But when he plays w/ a boxer, or am. bulldog, or a south african boerboel(majors favorite), he gets real rough and so do they.  Thats just how they play.  At first I was a little worried, but then I realized its definitely all in good fun because both parties come back for more w/ their tails wagging.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Skye & Storm play VERY rough with each other and I have to sign theeasy to them alot. But they are very gentle and submissive with the cockers it is funny to see the pups (that weigh 40lbs) laying in a submissive possition to the cockers that weight maybe 20 to 25lbs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts