Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Male Boxer named Zeus. He only weighs 50 pounds and I feed him 2 cups 2 times a day. He is 23 inches at the withers and he is 1 year and 9 months. I am wondering if he will grow any bigger, if he is small for a Male Boxer, oh and if you think he might fill in or not and if so when do you think he will. Thank you and enjoy your day! Here is a picture, he hasn't filled in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Technically they can still grow up till 2. Some stop earlier, some stop later. After 2 they can still fill out some muscle wise.

Really impossible to say if he will get bigger or not and when. Could be a late bloomer, could just be a smaller male. Either way, he is a good looking dog.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Well the bottom line is he looks good! He looks to be an American Line Boxer. And if you are hanging out with friends that have "Euro Boxers???" Then yeah he is gonna look small. :)

But that much said ... I don't think he has filled out quite yet??? I guess I have to disagree on how long it takes a Boxer's, to reach full size?? Two years and yes ... they are tall as they are going to be, but full "weight" ... I don't know???

My girl looked just like a "shorter version" of your dog?? And be assured that your guy is much "taller" then she was. But she weighed in at 65 lbs at her last weight in. She was 65 lbs??? I was stunned but she looked great, and it did take a full 3 to 4 years to reach full size??

Two years "seems" to be standard for how "tall they will get??" But I think it takes longer for them to "fully mature in "size??" And yes your guy does seem to be on the lighter for "weight" but he looks good ... so I'd not worry about it. :)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
What a good looking boxer you have! After 1 year our boxer put on another 10 lbs as he filled our. He has pretty much been the same weight since turning 2 1/2, he is now almost 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts