Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in a reply to my welcome letter but maybe more will see it under it's own title.  I was wondering how soon can I get Cactus, my 8 week old classic fawn, neutered.  Also, will it curb his growth a tad if I do it soon.  My reasoning behind wanting it asap is to avoid the leg lifting and humping behaviors and perhaps keep him from becoming a behemoth.
Thanks in advance- even if I don't reply to everyone, I am deffinitely reading all posts!
~Anne

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would wait till the last second if you dont want him shorty and stocky, talk to your vet... I netuered mine, who is now my moms and hes very short and stocky... My year old (who I'm breeding with my 4 month old when she gets big enough) is soooo tall, he's very skinny but very very tall and im thinkin it has to do with the fact he has his nuts... And in reply to your welcome post about having him for "protection" if you want him to be a barker, you must train him.. Tyson, my previous now moms boxer, i trained from a little boy. Id say "whos here" when someone would knoco and now hell go nuts!!!! My male who we got at 6 months wasnt trained didnt use to bark. Now that my boyfriend and I have our own place hes more protective and hell bark at things he sees through the glass door but not as much when someone knocks but hopefully well get him there..  Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts