Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it best to wait several weeks before starting Pua on Peanut Butter kongs? We are going to be crate training of course and I thought it would help if she knew it meant "yummies"...but, I also know that puppies don't need a bunch of extra elements...so, how soon can we start her on PB without hurting anything!?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I gave Vega PB right away, in modesty of course but I brought her home at 7 1/2 weeks and she did great. Another thing you can do besides PB is a good canned dog food. Just line the inside like you would the PB and some kibble, freeze and wah-lah. A lot of PB"S have a OTN of sugar and sometimes you don't want your pup to have that extra sugar (like at night or home alone). Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I gave Jessie PB right away too... she was about 6 1/2 weeks old when we got her

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
JeanenesBoogerBabies\";p=\"38624 said:
Ok...then, maybe we won't wait! I think we'll just keep it to a minimum! :)
if youre using the small kong, then that should be fine... if you want do half yogart, half PB and freeze it... that should keep PUA wrapped up for a while!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree 7 weeks that they will looooooveee it, in moderation and after you give her a little time to settle in at home.  

The change of home, food and other elements etc....even a change in drinking water can cause upset stomach so i would say give her a week to ten days at the new house first!!  The PB her up some :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts