Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great link to find agility trials, you can also set up it up to notify you as new trials are added. The only problem with the notification is it sends you all trials in all states but it is only one email.

Select your state and check the venues you are interested in.

http://www.agilityevents.net/index.php?page=Events

·
Registered
423 Posts
THANKS! There is one in August not far from us looking forward to going

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh that's awesome Barb, I was telling Marq about Agility at ABC, he says he wants to see some, sourse we don't have a Boxer Club here in Bama, so any shows we go to would be all breed..Correct me if I''m wrong, the taller dogs go later in the day? Or is there any method to this?

G

·
:clap2: :) Thanks for that site...I have one right here(less than 10 miles) from my house in Sept. thats USDAA and an AKC less than 20 miles from me in Sept. I'm so excited!!! Can't wait!! :clap2: :up:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
samsonsmom said:
Oh that's awesome Barb, I was telling Marq about Agility at ABC, he says he wants to see some, sourse we don't have a Boxer Club here in Bama, so any shows we go to would be all breed..Correct me if I''m wrong, the taller dogs go later in the day? Or is there any method to this?
It depends on the venue, the last one I went to had two rings, one ring went from tall to small and the other went from small to tall. I went to another were it was all tall to small bu most I have seen were small to tall. If you click on the premium, it should tell you the running order. The only one I have seen that just had one breed was the national Boxer show in May but it is fun watching the other breeds. Kiah has been the only Boxer at most of the trials I go to so you may not see many boxers competing.

One thing to remember is that most of these agility trials don't have a lot of spectators so there is no spectator seating so bring a chair and often there is no food on the site so if you plan to stay awhile bring some snacks. The ones that offer food usually don't allow other food in the building.

Only one caution, it may become addicting :ROTFLMAO:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am thinking about entering Littlegirl in an agility competition with the NADAC or CPE any sugestions and tips would be helpful

·
Registered
92 Posts
I need to work on LG (Littlegirl)s stanima and Drive any suggestion or tips on how to do that?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
www.k9cpe.com is the CPE site.

The key to build her drive for Agility was to reward, reward, reward, and keep my goals tiny. Spend time with one jump at a low height, for instance, and I would reward every single jump she does. I built distance VERY gradually only after she is fluent with you starting closeby. I start rewarding from the hand, and I find this isn't a bad thing. It conditions the dog to orient to me. Later I switch to targets and I have found that works well.

If you can find a treat that your dog really, really, really wants, that is helpful. I would try chicken, roast beef, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a question about agility trials that I can't seem to find an answer about anywhere. I know white boxers aren't allowed as showdogs due to their lack of pigment, but are they allowed to compete in agility trials? Just didn't know if she would be able to compete or if it would have to be just for fun?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know you can in NADAC, CPE and AKC. The limited registry in akc is for no breeding or conformation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts