Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know or not, we just got a new edition to are family.  He is great...only had one accident due to not taking him out after eating supper.  Anyways I was wondering how can I keep him looking as white as he can.  I am going to Petco and they have a shampoo that highlights the white.  But how can I remove the tear stains that are under his eyes, stains on his forhead, and also stains from being neglected by previous owner?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy...glad you went to get him.  I am sure he feels super lucky to be in a warm house tonight.  Post pics!!!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think I read somewhere that they recommended a product called "Angel eyes" for the tear stains. Maybe one of the other Whitey mom/dads will chime in on this one though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They have special wipes and shampoos for "white"...so far I haven't noticed that they are any better at keeping our white pup any brighter! We have some wipes for his eyes....i wouldn't buy the wipes again...For us using a damp wash cloth is just as effective...Good luck tho and let us know if you find something that works well!!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I remember reading someone here say they made a mixture of something and maybe Vinegar for the tear stains and it worked like a charm. Hopefully that person pipes in.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Monistat Vag Cream for the eyes.  Tears stains are caused by yeast, Monistat kills the yeast.  - this was referred by Jess Burning River.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I wash the boys in oatmeal shampoo and then just use a washrag to clean their eyes. Can't wait to see new pics

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis is the queen of red dirt lol...and the special doggy shampoos to me are a waste of money..they dont get them any whiter than baby shampoo..

you can use baby wipes

G

·
0 Posts
i cant imagine keeping a`white pup clean....jetta is hard enough with her feet, chest and neck

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I have been told that the tear stains are caused by wheat and grain fillers in a dogs diet.  My Tango's eyes are really bad.  I was going to try Angels Eyes, but it's 100% liver, so really, is it a waste of money??    

The pet store lady I know told me to save my money and just get him on some better food and provide supplements.  I moved him to Canidae, which is wheat and grain free, so we'll see in a few months.  

So far the monistat hasn't helped us much, but I'm also afraid to get it too close to the eye....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts