Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow got spayed yesterday. They kept her overnight and I picked her up earlier this morning. When I first picked her up it was like nothing happened, same energy level she always has. I gave her some water and some food and then brought her to her bed. I sat and petted her for awhile and she fell asleep, and is still sleeping an hour later!

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on how to keep her less active for the next couple weeks? The vet said leashed walks only, try to keep her from running/jumping.
We do crate her, so could use that if she gets too out of hand, but I'm home for the rest of the week with her.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
What i'd suggest is that you reduce the number of physical activities that he is involved in. Restricting or confinement helps so ensure that he is crated most of the times and also try get pet gates to ensure that he is not running up and down the staircase.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
For the most part I would keep her either in her crate or on a leash by my side. We know how how boxers are, doesn't take much to get them hopping and in Willows case not a good idea right now.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
For the most part I would keep her either in her crate or on a leash by my side. We know how how boxers are, doesn't take much to get them hopping and in Willows case not a good idea right now.
For the most part this^^^!

If she is "lucky" maybe the dog won't race around indoors?? But outdoors ... "NO" she "needs"to keep a leash on her! Boxers can and will rip around in even the smallest of yards especially if they have been kept pent up!

I had it happen many many years ago. Tiny back yard ... this should be safe ... I "assumed" as she could go nowhere?? I unclipped the leash and "Bam" she was off!!! In the blink of an eye ... going ... "nowhere!!"

Super tight high speed circles??? The stitches had to be redone! :cry:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I had it happen many many years ago. Tiny back yard ... this should be safe ... I "assumed" as she could go nowhere?? I unclipped the leash and "Bam" she was off!!! In the blink of an eye ... going ... "nowhere!!"

Well that certainly wasn't smart!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
I personally would invest in a 36" xpen. It gives her more room than a crate but still confines and restricts unwanted energy. You can put in a bed, a couple toys and I'd by some long lasting chews to help entertain and distract her.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Well that certainly wasn't smart!
No ... no it was not! :cry_baby:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts