Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
While it is still wet, icy, and cold outside... I do start thinking towards next summer and growing my normal crop of veggies and flowers.
I've almost given up on my dreams of having a nice lawn any longer. With as wet as it gets here in the NW, the backyard already is getting a bit torn up.

I'm just trying to think of what it is going to take to keep a garden area safe. Anyone have good ideas, that look good, and don't involve 4-5 feet of chain link?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A short 1 or 2 foot planter fence could work if you teach your pup that it is a boundary not to cross.  You will probably be with him(her?) most of the time anyway right?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Long before we got our own dogs, we didn't have a fence around the yard.  Nobody else around here had fences either, so it was basically free-range dogs.
I put an electric fence around my rose garden.  The dogs liked to lay in there to cool off in the summer, by digging it up! :evil:
So I went to Lowes and got a pet fence and strung up two rows and it works great.  Since we've had our own dogs, I've had to teach them to stay away or they'll get hurt.  With both of them, they got shocked once, but never again!  And it's not a bad shock, just surprising.

G

·
0 Posts
I was also thinging some kind od fence would work. But if they want it they will get it.. I know my neighbor actually made like a chain link kennel if that makes sence around his garden to keep a lot of other types of animals out too... he had a nice garden...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
This was the first year I tried to have a garden. As soon as my pretty flowers would bloom, they'd be brought into the house by Mr. Diesel.
I guess he thought they were pretty too... :roll:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Wish I had an answer to this post :? I have seven flower beds total, and finally gave up on the veggies (too many deer around) but here's a couple pics of my gardening "help" last year! Sneaky Donner scarfed the phlox while on a 6 ft lead!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts