Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How To Post Pictures
First Method-

When creating a post you can click on the Add Attachment button below the message box and upload a picture. Once you have selected the picture you want to attach click on add attachment and the picture should upload.The one draw back is that you have to make sure your image size is right (image of 256kb
or smaller) or else it will not attach.

Second Method-1. Create an online photo account with a free photosharing website (photobucket.com, picturetrail.com ect..ect..)
2. Once you have created your account upload whatever pictures you want to that account.
3. Once the desired pictures are uploaded you should see a link that says Image URL.
4. From here you copy the image url and paste it into the message box on the forum.

With the way the forum is set up it will automatically resize the picture so that it can be displayed.The second method is what most of the members here do for it is the easiet way to post pictures.

How To Post Signatures

For the new people-we have a few members here who dont mind helping with signatures, please if you have questions about who did them please PM the person whose sig you like and do not create another thread.

First let me start by thanking Marie (Mastray) for making such beautiful signatures for most on the forum. I know there are a few others here that have helped make signatures, and I want to thank y'all as well but I do not know who all helped who.

When you have a signature that you want to show each time you post a response please follow the steps below.

1. Upload photo to free photosharing account(photobucket, picturetrail ect..ect..)
2. Get image url and copy the url code
3. Go to Edit Profile and scroll down til you see Edit Signature -click on this
4. Paste the URL code into the signature box and save.

Once you have saved your signature, each and everytime you post it wil show up.

Any question please feel free to PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Re: How To Post Pictures & Signatures

I would like to add my 2 cents here about the second method for posting pictures.  I'm not a huge fan of it because a lot of people think they can link to their 2048x1536 3 megabyte images that are hosted somewhere else and the forum will resize the image when in fact, it requires the browser to download the complete 3 meg file and then scale it down to fit in the forum.  This has caused problems with people having to wait forever to view the posts.  I would suggest resizing the images first and then linking to the resized ones instead of linking to the originals.  I actually resize the images and use the forum upload because I don't want everyone to have to wait to download a 3 meg file that is only useful for when I want to print when a 125 kilobyte file will be more than sufficient for viewing on the web.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you put these instructions up here.  They are great.  I just wanted to add that extra little bit.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Dan, thank you for adding that...As I am one of the few that is unfortunately stuck with dial up  :-< , it does take me forever..I have also started resizing my pics before adding them to my Photobucket accout as well and it really does help!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts

Great information.  I am also still stuck with dial-up out here and some pictures I never get to see because they are just too large and it takes too long for them to download.   Some day hopefully our area will get something faster and we can join the rest of the world!  :D

·
Registered
439 Posts

Ok so I have read and re-read the ways to add upload a picture but I simply can not seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried a lot of the suggestions that have been posted on other thread but still no luck. Please can someone help me so I can share pictures of my pretty princess Penny   :D

·
Registered
648 Posts

[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"41944":3t125xtk]I would like to add my 2 cents here about the second method for posting pictures.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

dan.daugherty\";p=\"41944 said:
I would like to add my 2 cents here about the second method for posting pictures.  I'm not a huge fan of it because a lot of people think they can link to their 2048x1536 3 megabyte images that are hosted somewhere else and the forum will resize the image when in fact, it requires the browser to download the complete 3 meg file and then scale it down to fit in the forum.  This has caused problems with people having to wait forever to view the posts.  I would suggest resizing the images first and then linking to the resized ones instead of linking to the originals.  I actually resize the images and use the forum upload because I don't want everyone to have to wait to download a 3 meg file that is only useful for when I want to print when a 125 kilobyte file will be more than sufficient for viewing on the web.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you put these instructions up here.  They are great.  I just wanted to add that extra little bit.
I agree... I'm pretty good about resizing my pics before uploading them to photobucket but I know I forget every great once in a while. THOUGH... some people don't know how to resize pictures believe it or not. My sister is one of these people and she drives me nuts cuz' I try and teach her and there's just nothing going on in that brain of hers.  :lol:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Dan is correct...how about admin limit the size that way we all don't get stuck downloading 3 mb pictures!
Unfortunately, they can't control the file sizes of linked images.  It's an honor system type thing.  One thing I did do because I got tired of only being able to read one response per page was disable signature displays from within my preferences panel.  Even now at 1680x1050 on a 22" display, with signatures on I still only get to read 1 or 2 responses before I have to page down.  I wonder it we can get those with multiple signature images to put them side by side instead of top to bottom?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

I'm on a 19" with 1280x1024 and I had to test it out... never thought it was an issue having to scroll down to see more than 2-3 posts at a time. I never even thought twice about it actually. But since it is an issue I could get rid of the "medal"... I think it's ugly having them side by side so I don't do it. Again, like I said... never thought it was an issue... sorry.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Don't change it just for me.  I use a slightly different set of rules than those who don't write web applications.  I have to turn off certain parts of my brain depending on where I am and I think the majority don't have problems with big signatures.  I like seeing pics of everyone's pups.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have tried creating a photo album, but the pictures are not showing up. I follow the directions, but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Adding a picture for my sig was great help.  

How do I add a picture of our clownn as my avatar? :D

thanks....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.