Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well it is normal, however you should stop him.  Both of mine began to do that and I would tell both of them off every time.  It is a dominance thing, he may want to prove he is the alpha.   Good luck!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Otis only humped a couple times and we stopped it right away. He hasn't done it since he was about 4 mos.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
When I got Keegan a week ago Kiah began to hump him, he just stood there and let it happen.  I stopped her but I know she was saying she was the dominent one, although she defers to him when going outside or coming inside.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ashley did it to my leg a few times when she was about 3 months also..I corrected her, and distracted her ..she has seemingly  grown out of it. Also..I don't know how many of you went through the paw hooking on your leg  as you walked issue..didn't last long..but I almost took a couple headers from that little trick..Why do they do that?? Maybe for a good Boxer laugh??

·
Registered
522 Posts
Marx tried to hump Henry for the dominance think,But Henry would only hump his stuffed Bunny toy...till he destroyed him...don't know if I should get him new bunny!!??

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O Onyx tries this on Isis about once a month and uhmm about once a month Onyx gets his as* kicked..lol

Isis is NOT having any part of it...maybe Onyx thinks its ok b/c Isis lays and sits like a hooker haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha shes a real uhmmm lady? no thats not it...uhmm classy? no thats not it..uhmmm girly girl? nope..

shes just comfortable with herself and her body haaaa

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO.....Yup, Isis is definitely comfortable with her body....I have never had any humping issues with mine, but yes, you should correct it, or it can get worse....

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
My boy humps his big stuffed animal and .. towels.  Yup, you hold a towel in the air, he'll grab it and start humping away!

Charlie used to hump his stuffed animals all the time.  He also embarrassed me by humping the air at the dog park.  Yup, just out of the blue!  Maybe there was some ghost dog there I didn't see, but it was embarrassing.  We all had a good laugh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts