Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm starting to worry a bit, I've had 3 different foods (crappy, better, and canidae) set out for rocket man, (who we now call bubba), and he has refused them all. He got into the garbage 1 time and scored a 1/2 piece of pizza, but other than that, he hasn't eaten in going on 4 days..We've put the garbage up since.  I've tried to entice him with tiny bits of treats, he doesn't like any dog treats at all, not even a big beef bone from pets mart. He is active, and drinks plenty, but refuses food. Today I caught him "in" my fridge and he scored a piece of provolone cheese...how he got the door open I'll never know..when should I start to worry, and what can I entice him with??  oh, and when we took the piece of pizza off him, hubby tried to break it up in the bowl with the Canidae, but Bubba  just picked it all out...I've never seen such stubborness! I even had his teeth checked, no problems...I'm at a loss :?:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
When you feed him in the morning put his food bowl down, leave it for 15 minutes. If he hasn't eaten pick up his food until the next meal. Offer him his food at the next meal, again leaving it down for 15 minutes. If he doesn't touch it, pick it up and don't put it down again until the next feeding. He will learn that you are in control of when he gets to eat. Don't offer any treats or garbage  :bigrazz:  during the day. He'll get it! I think he just thinks he can help himself to whatever he wants right now.  :winkle:

·
Registered
521 Posts
boxers are SO incredibly stubborn; our Beckham is much the same way.

I wouldn't worry too much; looks like he's hungry and being picky!  Without treats, he'll get that he is hungry and has to eat his food.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I'm hoping for.  I'd like to install a camera to see how in the world he got the fridge door open, lol.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="cathyw\";p=\"6433":378f4vrs]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure enough, 15 minutes after the last post, he eats...typical...lol he emptied his entire bowl!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie did the same thing to me when she was about 8 weeks old.  She ate a clothespin, but none of her food...

she eventually did start to eat, and hasnt stopped since! LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
u could also try adding some chicken stock, just boil chicken with veggies, carrots, leeks, etc, NO SALT! Use the liquid to pour over his food, he will love the flavor and ,may even like his food soft... my dog loves this... never passes a meal.. we also give rice and also yogurt once in a while, they love yogurt,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts