Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am turning into a hypochondriac boxer mom.

Took Karma to the vet on Friday because she hasn't wanted to eat very much lately. It started about a week ago. This girl has NEVER refused food. So, i looked in her mouth to see if anything was wrong in there. To me, it looked like her chipped tooth had broke more off. She chipped her canine tooth 6-7 months ago chewing an antler. I figured that had to be what was bothering her. Nope! Tooth is fine and there is no pulp exposed.

Well, I guess it's just part of her false pregnancy phase she's going through. She finished her first heat almost 2 months ago and now she's exhibiting some nesting combined with the lack of appetite.

I really think there should be a support group for paranoid puppy parents like myself. I was never this bad with my skin kids.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
April, I am waiting for when Karma is actually pregnant! You will definitely be a basket case by then ;)

Just keep offering her warm chicken broth, you could even do liver broth a few times a day. I am very lucky to have never dealt with false pregnancies but this all sounds very hormonal to me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I felt psychotic when we first brought Ryleigh home. Especially since she is my first boxer. I literally used to check on her throughout the night to make sure she was still breathing and we ran to the vet for any little abnormal thing haha. I've finally calmed down now that I know her better and can understand what is normal and what is not.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts