Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Hopefully you were able to find him a good home with no children. I’m sorry it’s come to this and no you can’t risk your little girl. Just wondering what factors led to this behavior? Sounds like he didn’t know his place in the home and considered your daughter as a subordinate dog in the house very dangerous. This could also be a question of bad breeding bad temperament as well or all of the above. My dogs from day one at my house know they are not in charge here I am, with intact males sometimes that needs to be reestablished. I hope his new owner will be good to him and as young as he is he should be able to bond with him. Boxers are amazing dogs but they are a challenge as well.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
I hate hearing tragic stories like this. Sometimes it is really bad temperament issues with the dogs behavior and sometimes it’s a combo of temperament and ignorance of dog behavior by the owners. i have seen people rough house with thier dogs kids being kids don’t know all the dog rules and parents oblivious to dogs warning signals that they are about to bite to get thier point across. Dogs deserve respect for thier space they are individuals with minds and different attitudes towards things people very often treat them like this is not so. I have never seen a dog bite without some kind of warning the warnings happen over a period of weeks or months but people just can’t or won’t see it. As a child dogs were always in my life my parents taught me to always be respectful to whatever pet we had and more importantly they paid attention to what was going on. I see all the time kids hanging all over dogs throwing themselves down on top of them ect. some dogs will tolerate this forever some will not. I also see people ”wrestling” with thier dogs encouraging them to rough house and bite them also a terrible idea, the human as the leader of the pack is not a chew toy or another dog to rough house with when you engage in this you become just another dog to them not thier alpha and leader which means your status becomes lower in the dogs eyes. Human mistakes and lack of proper training are always going to cost dogs thier lives unfortunately alot of children will be hurt or even killed in the process and I hate seeing it.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Good morning. Just to update, Brody is being rehomed this weekend. A older couple with NO children or young ones. Huge yard. Two other dogs. The wife is home most of the day, working. It’s bittersweet. Im losing my best friend. But he will be well taken care of. Less chaos. Quiet, calm environment. Thanks for your well wishes.
I just hope there will be no dog conflict now, he sounds like a dominate dog. At least you explained to the new owners what his situation is. Hopefully you can visit him sometimes it’s a very difficult situation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts