Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..Before I joined this forum I came across BoxerWorld forum and wanted to read some of the posts..but most of the time I got message to register first.They were not excepting new members at the time .So couple days ago I tried again.
I registered..It took some time to be approved and then allowed to sign in.OK! Then I wanted to post pictures.I was told I can only post pics in the gallery and have to first select category for the color of my dog.White,brindle,..I hope I am making sense so far.Then I could only post pics of certain size and the pics can't start with numbers!
I found category that allowed more than one dog of different colors  together. Posted four pics and got message that my pics will be posted after approved by the moderator,which can be up to a week because the moderators are busy w/
their own lives  or something like that.
Most of my pics in my folder start with IMGP and then number,I guess I wasn't paying attention and must have posted some pics w/number first because when I came back the next day....I WAS BANNED FOR TWO DAYS!!!!!
This is the message I received:

You have been banned for the following reason:
We asked in the rules NOT to use filenames starting by a number when uploading photos.

Date the ban will be lifted: 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Well I am still banned....I thought 12 pm was noon   But what I know!!Not enough to be on their forum I guess!?!?!

I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO THANK ALL OF THE MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM FOR MAKING THIS FORUM STRESS FREE AND PLEASURE TO BE ON WITHOUT THE CONSTANT FEAR YOU PRESS THE WRONG BUTTON OR POSTED SOMEWHERE YOU NOT ALLOWED OR SAY SOMETHING THAT IS NOT APPROVED.Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey, you're not allowed to use the words 'and or 'I' on this forum!

banned!

but really, I had done the same thing, put up a pic that had a number at the start of it. since that's the way it comes out of my camera..I'm not going to sit around all day renaming and resizing pictures...2 day ban is all it took for me to delete it from my bookmarks and never look back.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ughh, don't get me started. I'm just so happy to have found this great place! I love BF!!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow.  I'm glad I never came across THAT OTHER FORUM SITE!!  I want to thank all of you for being so warm and generous and funny to a new member like myself--and BIBBY!!   :D

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah I became a member on Boxerworld, lost my password, and was completely unable to retrieve it or re-register.  That forum has way too many rules and regulations.  I also was on boxerdogplanet.com for awhile, but there are probably about 2 new posts per week there.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, "I love it here!"

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yeah, I got banned for life at that other forum because I messed up when trying to register!  8O  :roll:  Whatever!  This place is the best! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tired to register with boxer world, and you are right, it took a while to get any response for my registration, and then I was not accepted.  I guess they didn't believe my girl was 100% boxer because she's black :(

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that BW has over 26,000 members - more than 10x as many as on this site or most other Boxer sites - so out of sheer necessity they need to be more strict with the rules; as a result, they require that people actually read the rules before joining and follow them from the start, and they have a zero-tolerance policy for violations.  It's gone a bit further than it probably needs to be - but on the other hand, they never have the blow-ups or flame wars that most other sites deal with every so often.  With 26,000 members, that's a very very good thing.  Not every forum will be the right fit for every person, and that's OK.  BW is not a "social" forum like most others are; however its archives are chock-full of valuable information on about every Boxer-related topic of which you can think.  It was around long before any other Boxer forum - and in fact is the reason a large number of them exist today ;) - and there's information there from people who are no longer in the breed or even alive at this point.  I think for most people the best course of action is to register and read, but not post; the archives are definitely worth it.

(Oh - and gexoo, last I looked the rules did state that discussion of "black Boxers" was strictly prohibited, so if you mentioned it in your registration you're right that that probably was why it was not accepted.)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I was banned for life from there before i found this forum. Because of the pictures as well. I am glad though otherwise i would have never tried to find another forum. I love BF

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I was banned for life also, wasn't due to pictures tho. It was because they assumed that because I hadn't signed on there in a few weeks that I went to another forum that a few people who had left boxer world had made. I remember trying to sign on boxer world and getting a message "Your kind isn't wanted here" I sent numerous emails to the mods trying to figure out what I had done wrong to get such a rude message but no response. Then I had found the other forum and signed up and a few explained to me they had all got banned and got the same message because they were ticked off another forum was made.
I remember when I first joined boxer forums. I was so scared on what I typed for weeks because I was worried the same thing was going to happen but this is by far the most nicest laid back forum on the internet for boxers.  Thank you to the mods and to Mark for everything you do and making us all feel welcome here.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Newcastle\";p=\"107173":38e0snbh]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Jennifer, I believe on "that site" if you register, you have to post an introduction within so many hours of registering and then you have to post a certain amount of times, otherwise you get banned, they don't allow "lurkers" either.
Oh, that may be a newer rule - I haven't been able to get on the site for a year or so now (not because I've been banned ;) but for some reason my computer doesn't 'connect' - it takes forever to load and I just get a blank page; I can get on from a different computer, so I know they've haven't kicked me off yet! ;) ).

Haha Shari! I joined the same forum and I think my message was something like "You have been banned. We have no tolerance for renegade troublemakers on this site...Date the ban to be lifted..Never!" I think that is when they really started banning people. It was like spring cleaning for them!
They did go through a phase where a group of people were causing all kinds of problems - not just starting new forums, but trying to hack the board, posting libellous (and in some cases, downright disgusting) statements all over the 'net, etc.; a lot of innocent people probably got caught in the backlash, unfortunately.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have read horror stories about that"other" site and it doesn't seem at all inviting. And the way they give you a message when you are banned...sheesh they might as well have 5 year olds running it. How childish and rude!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think That place and here were the 2 places that I first came across...This was a couple years ago and I got soo disgusted with the registering process I gave up! Soo, of course if I were to go back now just to read archives I am sure I would be banned as well... :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm not sure if that's the place I looked at before I found this forum but I read the rules and was like "I don't think so".  I'm so glad I found this forum.  The people are super nice and really care about eachothers furbabies.  I know if I'm having any problems or just need some advice I can come here for it.  It's the greatest place!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I came across that "that site" before here.  When I tried to register I couldn't because they weren't accepting new memebers and I remember thinking .. WTF???!  I did find a lot of interesting articles, but I found this forum and have been addicted ever since!!!!!!!!  I never go back there now!  LOL ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
You guys need to be kinder to BoxerWorldForum... if you only knew the background of the site, you'd all be much more forgiving.

The forum was started/founded in the 1930s in Europe by a young struggling Austrian painter/architect named Adolf... he moved to Germany so he could be closer to the origins of the Boxer line... while in Germany he became interested in politics and got distracted by a few busy-body neighbors, so he had to shoo them off (somewhat hostile some may think).

Too many people didn't like the way he was running things, and after a few minor setbacks, Adolf (and his new wife Eva), packed-up and decided to leave Germany around 1945 for happier places (their current location is still kept secret).

They focused strictly on Boxers and the BoxerWorld Forum... they wanted to "cleanse" the internet of all the "inferior" Boxer web sites so only the purest bred (Adolf likes to call them "Aryan") Boxers are left be admired and bred.  This is why the stringent screening of the BoxerWorld Forum is so tight... they like to ensure only the purest Boxers are allowed into their group (though Adolf likes to call it his "Boxer Reich").

Please don't be harsh on their forum... some folks label their sight a bit "fascist", but it's run with the purest of intentions by a guy who's been through a lot!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hahah awesome...thats classic!

That place sucks, plain and simple.  Signing up for a message board shouldn't be more complicated than getting a mortgage.  Some people just take the internet too seriously.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts