Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just noticed this and I want to know if any one can tell me what it is.??? I called the vet and none of them are there today so the earliest I can get him in is tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have never seen anything like that - I hope Sharon can help you.  Keep us posted on what you find out.

G

·
0 Posts
I not a vet but could it be a sty or something got under his/her eye lid and got infected....my s-dad had something like that i know human to dog is kinda big but looks like the same thing(my step dad had a peace of steal sliver under his eye and his body made a mass around it till her got it removed kinda gross but its all i got)  I hope things turn out ok.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It looks like either a bite of some kind or an infected hair folicle....Try to see if he will let you put a warm rag on it and see if the swelling goes down....Also, maybe try a dose of benedryl if it was from a bite that may help as well....Try not to freak to hard....it does not look like anything to major that can not wait until they can see you! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks an awful lot like a sty.  Hopefully, that's all it is.  Definitely something to see the vet over, though.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope it is just a bite or something that will go away quickly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got Titan into the vet today and she said it could be one of two things.  The first thing we are treating is an abcess I have to give him Cephalexin morning and night.  She said if that does not work then it could be Meiobeman gland ... something.  She said that they have glands all around their eyes and sometimes they do not drain.  She said if it is that it will have to be surgically removed.  Hopefully these pills will clear it up.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hoping the meds clear it up for you.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well he has been on his meds for a couple days and it seems to be getting better.  Thank god. Thanks for all the imput.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I kept Titan on his meds and it is completely gone now.  Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is great news, glad the infection went away so well with the meds...We need more pics  :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts