Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I am Sarah, I live in Indianapolis on the west side. I had a beatiful boxer baby, Hank, who was the kindest, sweetest lap dog ever!!! He and I had only 4 years together. I got him when he was 4 and he died Feb 1st this year from complications of an INEER EAR INFECTION, can you believe it?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:wink:
Ok, guys, I understand that not everybody is on right now. Hopefully someone will say hey. -Bump_

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi Sara,

I was searching Petfinder.com like I do daily and I found a few for you.

McDuff: $?, Boxer

Greenfield/Hancock Co. Animal Management
Greenfield, IN
Phone: 317-477-4367

Bindy: $?, Boxer (Mix)

Jefferson County Animal Shelter
Madison, IN
Phone: 812-273-1788

Hayes ID#4751764: $100 or $125, Boxer

Animal Friends Humane Society
Trenton, OH
Phone: (513) 867-5727

I dont know if you just want a male or female...or if it matters.  I did read that no fawn because of yours that passed earlier this year.  I would also see if Heather (hananabanana) knows of any boxers located in IN, or around there.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome Sarah, so sorry to hear about your loss. Hank was a gorgeous baby, and I know some of how you feel. We had our Sophie for 12 years, but when she went she took a huge  piece of our hearts with her. If you're not able to afford an adoption right now maybe you could apply to be a foster boxer parent. That way you'd have double the joy, a boxer in your home and help out a boxer that needs a home??? I think the rescues help fosters with vet bills etc. Just thought it might be an option for you.
RIP Hank.

G

·
0 Posts
i'm so sorry for your loss of hank. how scary to lose him to an ear infection

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Sarah so sorry to hear about Hank and I think it is wonderful that you would like to rehome or adopt another boxer.  I am sure it is difficult to pay off Hanks bill especially with the economy right now but I would suggest that you get that paid off before you get another dog.  If the new dog for some reason would require vet care it would be another financial burden on you and your family.  Also, most people will require an adoption fee or rehoming fee.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your help. I started to go to a shelter on Saturday to pick up a beautful boxer named Dozer, the shelter called and told us he was gone before we left. I had already told my son we were going to see a dog, so we went a closer shelter and still didn't find anything. I am hoping that an ad on Kijiji will come thru for us. I had considered foster, and I will probably do it, if I can't find my own baby soon. Thank you again. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that dog is gone...........................         I am so sad, I just want a dog in my home with that face! Ohhhhh so sad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts