Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stressing today but it is totally off the subject of my fur kid and on the subject of my skin kid.

Today my daughter started school....Kindergarden.  We went this morning and I got to stay with her from 7:45 until 9:00.  We got to hang out in her classroom and then have breakfast together.  She then told me bye and went back to her class and I went to a school information meeting.   :cry:

Her normal routine will be to ride the bus from school to after school daycare and she is SO excited about this.  I am however finding myself watching the clock, since I took off today from work.

So I am thinking I may just go up there at 3 p.m. and watch her get on the bus and then drive over to the daycare and watch her get off the bus.  :roll: I would feel like a momma stalker though.  Did I mention this is my only skin child or could your tell???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My five yr old started Kinderagrden Monday.  My hubby was the stalker.  He dropped her off and took pix and the whole nine yards.  I am the one that normally takes her to school (now) and picks her up.  Her school requires that they are dropped off at the office and they walk to their class.  We can pick them up from their classroom after school.

The cool thing about all this is...Monday morning her teacher asked me to talk to her class about Lilly and what she does for me and how to approach a service dog and then dogs in general.  It was cool.  It also helped with my daughter, who can be a bit shy, by letting the kids see that she lives with such a cool dog.  She now has friends that want to come over and play.  Willow, my daughter, Lilly were the hit of the class.  I told Lilly yesterday that we had to go pick Willow up from school and she fell all over herself to get to the car.  Willow even thanked me for bringing Lilly to class.  She said it made her feel less scared.  (that nearly made me cry...LOL!!!)

Try and let it go.  She'll be fine.  I know it's hard, I have the one in Kindergarden, one in pre-school and one that will be starting pre-school soon, and I can tell you that it really does get easier.

And if she see's you all h*** is likely to break loose.

If you can, see if you can bring Fiona with you to pick her up.  I bet that would make her and Fiona pretty happy.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mommy hugs are going out to you!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
292 Posts
My mom did the same thing. I am glad she did though. My first day of Kindergarden I was supposed to tell the bus driver to take me to the Babysitters house, not my parents house. My parents were waiting at the Babysitter's house to watch me get off the bus.

Being a kid I told her my house and then when I got off I realized no one was there. The babysitter wasn't that far away so I started walking and before I made it around the corner my parents pulled up.

So it was a good idea for them to stalk me...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,  I am going to just chill out and go pick her up at 4:00 like I told her I would. I am going to get my mind off of it by going to get in the pool and enjoying the peace and quiet for a change. I guess it is just hard to see them grow up SO fast!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It is hard. The first day of kindergarten and preschool for that fact were devastating for me. On the first day of preschool I brought my daughter Brianna to her class, gave her a big hug and kiss goodbye, and said I love you......and I just lost it. I cried the whole way home!!!  :cry: My little girl was growing up! On her first day of kindergarten, I didn't cry, but I did follow that bus! She was fine and well taken care of. I think it is worse for us mothers to cut the cord. Especially for the first one. Now my son Brandon who will be three is starting preschool in September. I don't think I will shed a tear, but will probably leave doing the happy dance!! Don't get me wrong, I love both my kids more than my own life, but whew, he is a handful and a half! Boys are just a breed of their own!  :? This reminds me of the Staples back to school commercial...."It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

·
Registered
126 Posts
just wait mine is turning 18 the 18 of this month and shes going graduate next year and i dunno how im going t take her going to college and im going to be by myself.  ps i do know how you feel.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well an update.  I went to daycare to pick her up and the bus had not got there yet, so I did get to see her get off the bus.  How exciting :)  All went well and she is happy about the day and ready to go back tomorrow.  Makes me feel much better.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
So happy to hear everything went well on her first day!! She is a cutie!! I have no kids but can only imagine how tough it must of been on ya. Congrats to you for getting thru that first day.

·
Registered
905 Posts
In Ireland you start school at 4, but a lot of children would go to a kindergarten for a year or two before that, as I did, so by the time I actually started school, it was old hat!  In fairness, though, seeing as I'm the youngest of 5 kids, I don't think my mum would have been too upset anyway!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"21432":w4ugluxn]In Ireland you start school at 4, but a lot of children would go to a kindergarten for a year or two before that, as I did, so by the time I actually started school, it was old hat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts