Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She loves it.  I took her to pet smart.  Someone asked if she was a pitbull again and then gave me this damn look.  (Pitbulls are banned from here).  When I said no it's a boxer I still got the damn look, I was getting frustrated.  Some other guy asked about her too... said that most boxers don't have black all around their face like that.  I just ignored him and let my Dh do the talking.  Oh and the girl thought she was a pitbull because of the brindle marking.  People are so ignorant.

Anyways when we went to leave the store, Maggie kept refusing to go.  She would sit her butt down on the sidewalk and refuse to walk to the car LOL.

I also bought her this big stuff animal that has squeakers in each of the paws and the belly.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah LOVES the rubber chicken

this is the first toy we could EVER get her to play with, and to this day she still wont play with anything else...just the chicken

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah ODIN LOVES his rubber chicken... I bought him a new one today as well since he was in destruction mode early this week! It only comes in the one color, I'm pretty sure... cuz' we all have the same one! THEY LOVE IT! It's so easy to squeak it I think! Though since we bought him that tennis football he hasn't played with it as much... I think he likes how much LOUDER the football is!

YAY! MAGGIE! RUBBER CHICKENS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Odin says!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Oh and I get that comment about Odin being a pit all the time... cuz' of the brindle!!! Stupid people piss me off!!!!

We got a look like that when we saw a couple with two boxers named Rocky and Roxy... SO PRETTY! We were talking to each other about how great they were and some one walking by... slowly... gave this strange look like... well you know... and I turned to them and said... "I'm sorry can I help you with something?" giving the look back and they just sped off. They're wonderful animals EVEN PITBULLS!! It TICKS ME OFF... to get THAT much NEGATIVITY FROM A COMPLETE STRANGER!! I just want to GO OFF ON THEM!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure about Pitbulls because there is soooo much negativity about them around here but Tay (my oldest skin daughter)'s dad LOVES them.  He's in a coma right now :(  So he hasn't seen Maggie yet.  But I've read so much info about how great Boxers are with family and kids.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I went shopping at the pet store today and spent WAY too much money AGAIN. It's funny how, I don't even have Sadie yet, and I am spoiling her already  :wink:

This is the rubber "chicken" I picked up for her today  :lol:  It said on the tag that his name is Earl haha

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never seen a rubber chicken that looked like that before... that's cool!

I've got the song "Goodbye Earl" from the Dixie Chicks in my head now LOL

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It kind of looks like Earl from that show "my name is earl."

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That's cool! Haven't seen any others the that one at PetSmart... and we shop at all kinds of different pet stores in town... probably have to get one like that online I guess...at least for us. LOL Funny though... hope she enjoys it!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
that is sooo funny!!

on the pit bull subject, these people are just uneducate. our daughters babysitter was gushing over reese on sat night then made the comment how beautiful she is....even though she has the color of a pit.i just rolled my eyes. The sad part was supposedly her parent bred boxers before she was born! if that were true then she should have known. i am glad we only use her if our regluar sitter isnt available....which is not very often!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ok i gotta get my babies all one of the rubber chickens....how much are they? and i get rude comments about Chance all the time. Everyone always says ewwww look at that pit bull   :evil:  makes me soooo mad(and he isnt a bit brindle   lol)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
We got  the one that is next to Earl. She loves it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts