Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK SO MY PERFECT LITTLE PUPPY WHO IS APPROACHING TWO HAS STARTED MARKING EVERYWHERE!  :(

I KNOW I KNOW SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM FIXED HIM SOONER BUT WELL I DONT HAVE AN EXCUSE-(BEFORE IT WAS JUST HIM AND I DID'NT WANT TO BREED HIM I JUST KIND OF FIGURED HE'D BE OKAY.)

I AM SO FREAKIN NERVOUS ABOUT HAVING HIM GO UNDER!!! IT'S LIKE ONE OF THE SKIN BABIES GOING TO HAVE SURGERY OR SOMETHING. I AM PLANNING TO TAKE THE DAY OFF HE IS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 22. GOT ALL THE RESEARCH ABOUT ACE,ETC, BUT THIS IS SO NERVE WRECKING IS IT ME JUST BEING SILLY OR WHAT??

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Oh its very easy with boys.   Much less of a proceedure then with girls.  Does he have both nuggest down?  Dont worry, do the right thing, get him fixed.  Make sure you sit down and talk with your Vet before hand.  Make sure to mention "No Ace".  Give him a couple of days recovery and he will be fine!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Everyone has been nervous, and know I would be too if I was going to have it done.  Thank goodness both were spayed/neutered before I got them.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ahhhh  yes it is normal to be a bundle of weird emotions over this....Like Heather said the surgery on the males is pretty easy stuff and at 2 he is still a young fellow....Of course keep in mind that having him altered now may not stop the marking....it will be a wait and see thing....but in the long run it is better for him!  He will be fine :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I feel ya on the nerves! :-SS
When Henry was going under for dental work, I freaked.
But lots of prayer and support from friends helped a lot!
He'll be alright. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS GUYS I KNOW YOU WOULD HAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS I HAVE A BAD BACK I DONT HAVE TO CARRY HIM OUT OR ANYTHING DO I ?(THANKS SHARON FOR THE MARKING TIPS)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
nate487\";p=\"102263 said:
THANKS GUYS I KNOW YOU WOULD HAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS I HAVE A BAD BACK I DONT HAVE TO CARRY HIM OUT OR ANYTHING DO I ?(THANKS SHARON FOR THE MARKING TIPS)
I hear ya - my boy has to go in for a biopsy on Thursday and I am more worried about him 'going under'. The vet already knows that there is 'no ACE' to be used, but Ollie had a bad reaction to the anesthesia when he got neutered (the shelter's fault for doing it while he had kennel cough).

Hopefully, they'll give him enough recovery time so you don't have to carry him out. I don't think I could do that either.
Good luck!

G

·
0 Posts
I typed a nice reply and my computer messed up.  GRRR!  

I HAD said:

I understand completely where you are coming from.  I am going to have Binga spayed pretty soon.  I got so worried and stressed about it I started crying.  I never thought that a dog would mean so much to me.  They do become a part of the family.  We don't have any kids yet, so she is the closest thing.  

I made an appointment with our vet and found out he used ACE (long story that goes along with that), so I had to look elsewhere to get the procedure done.  Still haven't made a new appoinment yet though.

It will be ok though.  Like everyone had said...  its a less complicated surgery on a male than a female.  Just be prepared to spoil him when he gets home!   :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww thats normal to feel that way..even i who usually has nerves of steel lol from having gone through so much with my son when he was a baby...i was SOOOOO nervous having Isis fixed...she was 4...and terribly sick ...had the rescue do it before we even brought her home..saw her and said yes yes we want her and wanted her fixed the next day..b/c of her history...i felt so badly for her in the shape she was in..dont worry about it..hell be just fine
Isis was 4 yrs old, 17 pounds emaciated, kennel cough, skin infections, ear infections ,and more...she was being treated for all and they thought the surgery was ok for her since she was recovering well..

she did great !! didnt want to sit still haha for a week but did fine

itll all be ok...get him a few extra treats and just relax...itll be over quick and you can bring him home and spoil him :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D just tellin you how much she went through and she was totally fine ..so dont worry we have all felt that nervous about our babies going in for things..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
We are the ones who stress out more, so no you aren't being silly, just a concerned parent....Like Heather said, it is a much easier procedure for the guys, unles both nuggets haven't dropped....He will be fine, you seem to have all the bases covered. I also have taken in a typed copy of the "no ace" order so it can be added to my babies files

1 - 14 of 14 Posts