Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY. I finally got Popeye and Hazel to do their tricks without needing a treat in my hand and they do it everytime now. Up until today, they would only give paw maybe 2 out of 10 times, and wouldnt do down at all. Today in about 10 minutes I taught them down(still working on down but..) and they give paw just about everytime (sometimes without me saying it, as soon as they sit they lift theyre paws LOL). Soo Proud of my Babieeees! lol

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Yay!! That is so exciting. Good dogs!   :clap:

Down will come soon enough! Question, how are you teaching the down? After they have jumped when they go back down and are down on the floor just say "down"? lol I'm an armature and just wondering what the best way to do it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well What I basically did was 1st made him sit of course, and then once he was sitting I took his arms and pulled them further so he could do nothing but lay lol, then said DOWN and after about 10 minutes he started doing it on his own :D!!!!! After I posted this topic, I went and did it some more and Popeye is almost doing it EVERY timne now too!!!!!! Hazels not very good at it yet lol.
BTW I will make a vid of this later tonight when someones home to video it lol.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Thats great thanks for the tips! lol I tried the pulling gently her legs after the sit, but it's just not working  :lol: She more or less just jumps or tries to walk when I do that, so I'll just give it time! She's only young...( I would love to see a video of it though!)

Good job with your two!! Keep up the great work Popeye and Hazel!!(and to you too Mom :wink: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts