Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened, something that is so odd to even believe. I was outside working on my aunts brakes when i heard this whistling around me. I looked and didnt see anything so i carried on. It did it again and finally i looked next to me and there it was. This beautiful Parakeet bird. I was shocked that this had happened. So i put my hand out to see what it would do and what do you know it hopped into my hand. So i brought him inside, asked the neighbor if they lost a bird and they said no. So i bought it a cage and now i have a bird. But thats some crazy stuff what are the odds of getting a bird while working on a car. I named him Patron ( also known as tequila) .

·
Registered
302 Posts
Actually nearly identical thing happened in my family a number of years ago, we found a Cockatiel outside in much the same fashion, and ended up with a free pet just as you did... ours was just a Cockatiel instead of a Parakeet.

(not of my cockatiel... just generic pic)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm terrified of birds 8O ....but it's very pretty. About a month ago I actually helped a bird back into it's nest. That nearly killed me!

·
Registered
342 Posts
what does your boxer think of it?  We used to come home and it would look like a pillow fight in our backyard, our boxer would catch birds and "play" with them and there would be feathers everywhere

·
Registered
948 Posts
Awee.. He's precious! I had 6 parakeets at one time and loved them all!!

Now, my passion is to have a pigeon coop if the boyfriend would allow.. This one guy up by his little brothers school has about 50 pigeons and they stick around the house.. I watched them all fly off the one day and come back! It was awesome!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent let Zeus and Dante see him. Today i stuck Patron in the spare bedroom when i brought them in before we took them to the park. I think Zeus would try to eat the bird  :(

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What an awesome story..Welcome Patron (great name by the way)..Be interesting to see how the kiddos react to him...Slow introductions I would think....Samson is fascinated with the birds at Petsmart, he can sit in front of their cages for hours!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well last night i let Lauren take Patron home with him in the cage. And I brought him out with the boys in the living room. Zeus was looking as if he was fascinated with him and Dante just watched him. Nobody freaked out so it was good.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our dogs love to get the birds in the yard, many times they are quick enough to get them right off the ground.  Hopefully Patron won't be lunch anytime soon!

Wish our neighbors bird would "get lose" and fly away.  Don't know what it is but it is a large bird and they put it outside all summer long during the day and it just sits there SQUAWKING all day long.  Drives us nuts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts