Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is up with that??????? We were in PetsMart and there was a boxer pup he looked to be about 6 months! Fawn blk mask neutered male! Very cute:) Anyways I see him and run over to say hi and Im like can I pet him and he just looked at me and yanked the poor thing away!  Then I just smiled at the woman and Im like I have a boxer at home and shes like Oh thats nice!?!?! What the heck is up your butt lol

No offense to the older members on here but it always seems to me that almost all of them(I mean like 60 and over) I run into think their dog should be well behaved if you know what I mean! I mean geesh he was about 6 months old and a boy boxer!!!!!!! What the heck! I mean this guy was serious. He acted as if the pup should be the best behaved dog EVER!!!!! I was like thinking to myself "boy hes in for it lol" I mean Roxy is a very well behaved dog but when we are in the pet store forget about it! and shes a little over 2!!

Sorry this is long I had to vent on this dummy!! All I wanted to do was pet that handsome little pup!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nah... I know exactly what you mean!! At our class their was another boxer just 3 wks younger than Odin. The woman was an OLDER lady and had only ever owned poodles so I thought the same thing, "She's in for a surprise!" Anyway, when I tried to talk to her about her puppy that's how she acted... same way the gentleman did. Then later hubby said her and the lady (maybe daughter) she was with asked if Odin was a boxer!????? After that they were like, "Oh...". I just don't think some peope are as big on boxers as we are. hich is crazy... then they shouldn't have one!! JK But I mean how can you not be ALL crazy and lovable about how WONDERFUL they are!!??????

·
Registered
948 Posts
Haven't run into anyone like that, YET!!! lol I hope I don't.. I do not like people that have that kind of attitude.. Don't get me wrong, I don't like people picking my puppies up but love all over them if you want!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I don't know if age has anything to do with it. I just think people aren't as gung ho over our boxer breed as we all are. I will be the first to admit, I am a boxer stalker and will go over to any boxer I see. Sometimes the owners understand, and are the same way. Other times people look at me like I have two heads! Oh well, I guess some people really just don't get it!  :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Tootsie, yup I'm a member of the "boxer stalker club" also.. :) I have been known to stop the car, turn around & go back if I see one...Kinda like a heat seeking missle I guess  :lol: I do agree, there are a lot of boxer owners that do not share our enthusiasm and I feel sorry for them, they don't know what they are missing..

As for the atitude of the man in Petsmart, well I don't know if it's an age thing or not, cos I'm getting up there in years myself, but I had a 60 ish biker dude get down on his knees and cuddle Angel, he was in heaven!!! When Angel tried to crawl in his lap and kiss him I started to pull her back & he said "oh no, it's ok, she's just being herself"..Now that's what you like to hear!! I realize you want your dog to be well behaved in public, but to curb their natural exhuberence, esp in a boxer, well that's flat out wrong!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I think it's in the water here in upstate NY because I've ran across a few boxers in pet stores and have got the same reaction. I am a big time boxer stalker, but hubby is now worse then me!  I remember doing 85 down the highway just to catch up with a car that had a beautiful white boxer in it. At first I think the guy driving thought I was just let out of a looney bin until he seen my sticker and license plate then he caught up to me and gave me a thumbs up.  :lol:

·
Registered
616 Posts
All boxer owners, I have run into are extremely nice and want to share their boxers with you.  Sorry you had to run into somone like that!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Its strange most times I meet people and they are interested in Kiah; we often have nice visits with them.  I met an older women (80's) who asked me what kind of dog Kiah was and I told her.  She said that there were two Boxers over on the next street that would sit in the yard and not bark at her or run out at her; she thought that was wonderful. Said they were brindles.  I quick went down the street and they weren't out so I didn't see them  :cry:  I have met a lot of people who know people who have boxers but have never seen one on our walks.

Last weekend, everyone we met went out of the way to go by us as if I was walking a bengal tiger or something.  Kiah was being so good too  :?  You just never know.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some people I guess!!!!!!! I didnt mean to offend the "older" members on here. That was just my experience

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol  RoxyGirl22..I wasn't offended at all...No worries about that...I know sometimes our babies can look intimidating to others and it's easy to understand why they are confused, but from another boxer owner I find the whole thing rather odd...I always delighted in having people coming up to me when I've walked mine..Met a heck of a lot people that way...One time I was going to to the lake with a friend and she needed to to stop at the store real fast on our way, well I had Samson with us and rather than stay in the car, we got out and took a stroll...This woman stopped me and we talked for 20 minutes about boxers, how they have changed and how lovely Samson was... :) Who just sat at my side the whole time we were talking...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I was in the pet store with Lola Monday night and I had a woman come up to me and was gushing about Lola.  Then she told me how she had a 2 year old male boxer at home and was showing me pictures that she had.  
Sorry about your expierence....I guess some people are just rude.  :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts