Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... Im sorry if Im out of place asking this here... I'm just not quite sure what to do about this situation, and thought I would ask someone who is not in the particular situation. Maybe get a reality check...

There is a man whose girlfriend just moved in above me. You need to go through a background check to live here, but I just found out her boyfriend is not on the lease. The lady is very nice, she has 2 kids. They are a younger couple. Well since the very first day I met the guy he just hops and jumps around, talking with his hands, basically screaming when he talks to you... cant sit still and just doesnt shut up.

·
Registered
942 Posts
you have EVERY right to be spooked. My first stop would be the leasing office, if they don't take action, my next stop would be to call the police. There is no reason for you to put up with that when you're on the lease, you pay rent to them...this guy isn't on any lease and who knows it he helps pay for rent. Most apartment complexes don't like if people stay for more than 4 nights a week without being on the lease. My now husband was threated to be evicted b/c I would stay at his place fairly often without being on the lease...and we lived in the 'burbs as well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow, thats a rough situation to be in, but if it were me....I would report it to the housing office or manager. He isn't on the lease, so he can't be there and he for sure can't stalk all the neighbors! Keep a log of when he is outside watching you or he goes on a rant. Keep a log of it for a week or whatever and be sure to turn that into the housing office as well. If it gets worse you could even call the local law enforcement and have him removed from the property(if he isn't on the lease, he can't be there for more than x amount of days...you would have to read your rules and regs to find out the exact). That is my thoughts anyway, I am sure others will have good suggestions too!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh thank you guys! Im glad that Im not over reacting... this guy is just plain creepy....

I just edited and added above that I went into the leasing office today, and some how he won them over... She said he "means no harm" and he "hugs her every time he comes in" Im thinking "yea way to kill'em with kindness....." the neighbor is going up there tomorrow, and my friend is going up there when she gets home from her trip. She watched him watch me the other night through her window, so she's a witness. And she's not happy.... We pay a lot to live in a safe community, and thats one of the only reasons I live here (its safe and I could have my dog)... It was in the nice part of town, where I wouldnt have to worry about crime... Now I have one of those crutches for under the door handle (jams up under the handle) and check every second to make sure all the doors and windows are locked. I dont have mace or anything, so for now I walk outside with body spray... I figure if i use it fast enough i should at least get it in the eyes, and im sure it wouldnt feel good... at least give me a head start...

and if you havent noticed (its almost midnight and im still up...) I cant seem to sleep now... Im up late, I think Im too worried to sleep... I want to know where that man is at all times, and at night I feel as though if im not on top of things something will happen... I even took a lunesta-- that was at 10:30 and im still not sleeping yet...

Does anyone know where I can buy some mace btw?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So sorry you're going through this, everyones advice has been exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to add though, Trust your instincts!! I'd think about asking a friend to walk with me at night, at least until this is resolved.

G

·
0 Posts
legally if he stays more than I think 3 days in a row it is his residance...and legally he would have to be on the lease...tell your apartment manager that u feel unsafe and you will not pay your rent until the situation is resolved

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DonnersMom\";p=\"54349 said:
So sorry you're going through this, everyones advice has been exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to add though, Trust your instincts!! I'd think about asking a friend to walk with me at night, at least until this is resolved.
yes thats a good idea! I need to meet some more people that live in this development... I need walking buddies! I met a woman with a HUGE mastiff the other day I think I want her to be my walking buddy lol im pretty sure he is a Neapolitan mastiff as well-- he just looks scary lol

I just wanted to say my computer is going to die soon, and I should at least try and sleep. Please continue with your suggestions I need all the help I can get. And if anyone knows where I can get mace please help! I ALMOST ran up to the cop tonight at the local drug store to explain to him my situation and ask where I might be able to get it... he got in his car and drove off before I could get to him (he was already in his car before I could get out the doors) Everyone Ive asked so far has said either their husbands or fathers gave it to them....

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
girl! sounds to me like you need to be very careful. 8O . i am dealing with a similar situation in my building. there is elderly woman who lives here in my condo complex. there are only six units  it is one of those vintage ( when it comes to real estate in the city, all vintage means to me is  "old, with no central air or forced heat")anywho, her son lives with her now mind you he is not a co - owner of the unit he is here as her guest. he has  a MAJOR drinking problem and mental issues his actions are similar to that which you are describing from that other guy.i am not saying that your guy is a drunk, but i think maybe all the lights upstairs aren't on. even when the guy ( let's call him "bob") in my building is so sober he still stares at me weird totally gives me the creeps. he tried to go near sumya one time and all the hairs on her neck and back stood up.i would go to the landlord  and tell him how you feel.( from  your description it sounds like you are renting, yes?) and i am only speaking from experience when i say , if he makes you feel uncomfortable or you feel threatened, call the police! i know it seems extreme and i apologize if i seem so forceful , but my situation started out very similar to yours and if i would have called the police from the get go i could have prevented some very bad happenings.... and there is probably a very good reason why he only deals in cash. hope this was helpful to you in some way. sorry it was kinda rambly.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
btw , you can get mace online , at an army surplus store, or one of those stores that sells police uniforms ...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="sumyasmom\";p=\"54355":34fdrhg7]girl! sounds to me like you need to be very careful. 8O . i am dealing with a similar situation in my building. there is elderly woman who lives here in my condo complex. there are only six units

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i forgot to mention in my previous post that i am  so sorry that you are having to deal with this. please believe me, i know it stinks and it is a horrible feeling not feel safe in your own home.so sorry for tucker too. i am sure he is sensing your uneasiness,please keep us posted on what happens and i hope things get better for you.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
you can get mase at general stores like meijers and walmart... at least here u can, but those mases are more watered down then what the police have and i think they can give u mase... but for a quick fix try those stores

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think that if he is over his stay the leasing office she make him leave first off. Second off i would call the police and make a report because u dont wanna say anything to him and he flip. (NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU) Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Skyboxers\";p=\"54390 said:
I think that if he is over his stay the leasing office she make him leave first off. Second off i would call the police and make a report because u dont wanna say anything to him and he flip. (NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU) Good luck.
oh goodness I know! see thats the thing... I have talked to the landlord about it- well Ive talked to one of the workers in the clubhouse up front. Shes the one who said not to worry about him. (and they know he isnt on the lease??? because she said "oh no no no! its not HIS apartment, it is his girlfriends apartment... he is just over there a lot-- and really he is just a big love bug he means no harm he hugs me every time he comes in here" those are pretty much her exact words. I have a feeling if I call the cops, unless he has done something to warrant an arrest they wont do anything. However, If I catch up here with a local at our local convenient store (again dont want to give the name out, but they give free coffee to the Police Fire and EMT's, so chances are Im going to run into one.) But when I catch up with the police officer who is usually at that store buying coffee im going to tell him whats going on and ask him what to do. He also might start patrolling the complex if I say something to him.

And what do I say if I go to the police station?

G

·
0 Posts
No matter where I live their is always a crappy neighbor.  I just moved into a nice new community and we have a our fair share of scum bags too.  What are you gonna do?  Buying Mase/Pepper Spray all depends on state you live in, here I believe you need a FID card to get it.  We had this lady who was a junky come knocking on our door looking for coffee to help her migraine headache.  We thought she was beat up or something, turned out she is just some wacko and I never should have helped her to begin with.  Next time she came by I just told her that if she ever knocks on my door i'm calling the police.  I didn't say it as mild and clean as that but she got the point.  I would just tell the guy you think he is a total creep and tell him to not bother you or you're calling the cops.  And most lease contracts don't allow you to have guests to stay for that amount of time.  Karma always catches up with scumbags.  I would just continue to inform your landlord and police that you don't feel safe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts