Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found two lumps on Lette...one is on the outside of her ribcage its about the size of a quarter...and I have also found one under her chin...they are not acne...I know what those are lol...these are under the skin...the one under her chin is about a dime size....Anyone else have these problems...She is my baby and I just wanna make sure she is ok since I dont know much of the last 7 months of her life.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Boxers are pretty prone to bumps, could be a hystio, which are very common and usually benign, but with all bumps, always best to get checked out to be on the safe side..I've found lumps on mine and then the next day they are gone also..

·
Registered
780 Posts
We noticed them on ours as they got older.  We always had them checked by the vet just to make sure but they were just benign lumps and our vet told us to keep an eye on them and let them know if there was any changes in them.  All our older boxers also got skin tags which our vet also checked but didn't take off unless they were in a place where it would bother the boxer or could get caught on something.

·
Registered
882 Posts
could be an insect bite, or an allergic reaction to something, maybe hives....I would just monitor it for a couple of days, and see if they go away....if not then like others have said you might want to have them looked at by your vet :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree with Willow....keep and eye on them to see if they go down in a few days.  If not have them checked but hystio's usually go away on their own too.......Dont worry until you know something, but always take a lump serious :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts