Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get Maggie her shots.  The cost isn't really a factor but here's my scenario.

One place is 62.99 (taxes included).  That includes 3 different types of diseases to protect her from.  Then 4 weeks from the time she gets that shot she would need to go in for some more shots and also a stool sample and blood sample to check her out.  That would be about 130.

The second place I called is 89.54 for her first set of shots.  Again it includes 3 different types of diseases to be protected from.  But the costs is so different because they have a training information session that gives me a lot of info on puppies.  Due to all the info I'm getting online and on this board and from Liz, is it worth me paying an extra $27 just for a small training info session?

K I called another one.  Their price is about the same as most of them.  They are in a nice area of my city.  Extremely friendly.  Their website is awesome.  They have a team of people.  A pet spa...etc...  Plus the lady I spoke with loves boxers and knew of this forum LOL.  I felt so comfortable with them so I went ahead and booked an appointment.

While I was on the phone with her I had to go check on Maggie.  She found gum.  Not sure where from but she found some and she was sitting in the hallway having herself a chew LOL.  Chewing it like any regular ole people would chew gum.  I of course threw it away but it was so funny to see her chewing that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, my advice is to go with the vet that is highly recommended by its clients (if cost is not an issue).

We were driving 2.5 hours to take our dogs to the vet because we loved it there and they took great care of the dogs. She was on the pricier side, but Macy got a full physical every time she went and they were always there if we needed to call about a problem.

Sometimes their prices may be a little more reasonable, but don't judge it by the website or the employees. I almost made that mistake attempting to get Guido neutered. I found out that the vet in our current area isn't very good even though he has nice employees and low costs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they had a section for clients to do a review.  They seem to have excellent feedback as well.  Just from talking to them I got a good vibe, the other ones I did not.  Plus this one isn't close to me either.  Not 2.5 hour drive but it is on the other side of the city.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I agree with going with who you feel comfortable with. I have been to vets that i didnt feel like i mattered-like all that did matter was maknig a buck. I am glad to have found my vet. They rock and are husband and wife so it is a small operation.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree with everyone else.  Use the one you feel the best about and after using them if you change your mind you can always request a copy of your records and try another one.
I always have said that a happy client will tell a few, but a unhappy one will tell many.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts