Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roxy wasnt feeling to good all day yesterday and then late in the afternoon she started peeing blood and contracting so I rushed her to the vets and they said that she was in labor....so they gave her a shot of pitocin because they didnt hear any heartbeats when they checked her and she passed 2 dead puppies!! He said a bacterial infection caused her to go preterm and it basically killed the pups in utero!

We are changing vets again because they told me that she didnt need any tests before she was bred and cleary she did!! Im sooo incredibly pissed!!

Roxy is doing good now and the E-vet said that it would be ok to try again! Just to get her tested before she was bred! They asked me if it couldve come from the male but he was tested before they were bred because hes a stud and they test him EVERYTIME he is bred!

They were 2 little boys....1 white and 1 colored!

Im sorry guys I know you were all excited and so was I! Shes doing well though! Just thought I should let everyone know

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG!! i am so sorry cindi. My heart goes out to you and poor roxi. Please give her hugs from us, and i hope she is well soon.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
oh no, Im so sorry!!!  I dont know what to say!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Bigs hugs to you and Roxy...

I don't know what else I can say since we talked in chat but I'm here... Its very emotional and I'm so sorry it happened..

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Awhhh... POOR ROXY!!!!

I'M SOOOO SORRY! I'm all teary eyed... poor mamma!! I'm glad she okay though! Awhhhhh!!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys!! Im so glad I have all of you! Roxys doing well and is back home resting!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm very sorry you and Roxy went through this.  :(

I'm a little confused though...What kind of test was she not tested for? Or the stud? I thought both were thoroughly health tested?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that she lost her puppies but thank goodness she is alright.  Wasn't that the same vet that said she probably wasn't pregnant at first?  I would change vets too.  

Give Roxy hugs and kisses from Kiah and I; tell her we hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the brucellosis test! The stud was tested but Roxy was not because the vet said if she wasnt ever bred she didnt need it!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Barb the same vet told me that she didnt need the test!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I am heartbroken for you for losing the puppies, but am grateful that Roxy is okay.  I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, it's just such a shame and I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh Cindi, I  am soo terribly sorry..When I saw the title of your post. my heart almost stopped...I'm glad to hear that Roxy is allright, thank goodness. Please give her a big hug from her Auntie Willow for me. Hugs for you as well, I know this has to have been awful for you too..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss!!!  We're glad that she is feeling better!!

Give her hugs and kisses from her Hawaiian family!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again everybody!! Thatnks for the info on the Brucella toots I had no Idea!! Sees how much the vet knows!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts