Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm kinda freaking out here I found this on Gaby's bottom lip a few days ago...it looks like a zit, but what do you guys think?
I have some Panolog ointment (Nystatin, Neomycin Sulfate, Thiostrepton, Triamcinolone, Acetonide), should I rub some of this into it?...Sharon?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I know that some boxers have allergies to plastic food bowls and they can break out on the chin and mouth.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kiahsmom\";p=\"83951 said:
I know that some boxers have allergies to plastic food bowls and they can break out on the chin and mouth.
I only use stainless steel bowls, and I wash her plastic chew toys twice a week....but thanks for mentioning this I forgot to include this in my original post..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Duke gets bumps like that from time to time and my vet has told me to wash his skin around his mouth with antibacterial soap on a washcloth and keep it clean and dry.  And he has also told me to try and get the ingrown hair out.  I always drain the puss and wash his face and it goes away.  MY vet has also said that if they get worse there is an oinment he can give me.  I dont know if that helps any, I cant tell from a picture but from my experience dukes have been ingrown hairs, but i did go to the vet bc I wasnt sure.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Maple got something like that last week we got worried and took her to the vet and it was just an ingrown hair, it may be the same for your puppy, the vet said to try and give it a squeeze it may give but if it doesn't or of it seems to make her uncomfortable or cause her pain then bring her in.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Looks like a pimple to me :)   maybe an ingrown hair.  I would say to try and sqeeze it gently and if nothing comes out to leave it.  Wash it with antibac soap (human soap is fine for washing around the mouth and chin) and then use the panalog you have.  If it is a pimple/hair folly it will look better/almost be gone in about 3 days.....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestions everyone, and a special thanks to Sharon for her professional opinion :) .....I will keep you posted on what happens.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope it is just a zit and goes away shortly!  :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bump is gone yay!!! :D , last week I squeezed it gently and some stuff came out of it 8O ...I've been washing her mouth and chin with antibac soap like suggested above, so for sure it was just a zit...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts