Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Anne, I had a lot of issues like that with Samson when Marq & I got together....Marq is wonderful with dogs and Samson was the first dog that had an issue with him...Samson had claimed me as his and he wasn't about to let go of that role...They are both Alpha, so it took a long time to work thru. Occasionally Samson would snap at Marq, but immeadiately be sorry for it. Crazy thing is, he adores Marq and since we got Angel he's become even more loving.

It takes time, esp as Cactus is still young, but I'd be willing to bet he'll come around....A protector is a wonderful thing and Marq & I agreed we didn't want to take that away from Samson, he needed that "job"...I would never want to remove that from a dog as it's a defense mechanism and could very well save his or your life...I'm of the school of thought that I would rather have a dog that is willing to defend himself rather than one that won't. I realize not everyone will agree with me on that..

The more Cactus is exposed to other dogs with you giving them attention, it could get better also....Poor baby, he's just protecting his "girl". :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.