Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Samson to the Vet today to get his nail's trimmed, i'm to chicken to do it myself.  They weighed him for me and I was shocked my baby is 60 lbs at 6 months.  I think were in for a big baby!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am a baby too.   I got into an argument with petsmart on nail (too bad, they were 8 bucks for a manicure/pedicure) so I went to the vet and they charged 17.00   8O    needless to say, I bought some clippers and plan on doing them myself.   Also gotta get a dremmel.

Samson - too cute, hope he had an A+ vet visit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
60 lbs at 6 months!  Wow!  My 18 month old female is full grown at 54lbs!  My male we just rescued and he's 70 but the vet said was underfed and needs to put on about 8-9 more lbs...however he's 3 years old!  Don't most dogs grow until they are at least 1 year old?  He's going to be one big watchdog!  Good luck with him!  He is a beauty!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow, that is big!  Henry was 58 pounds at Christmas, now he's 66 pounds!  Had a little growth spurt. :lol:
But he's 17 months.
Rocky was 60 lbs at 6 months, but he was a Rott-Weimar.  Ended up at 120 lbs! 8O

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woa, that's a big boy there..Maybe he will start slowing down a bit growth wise, then again, maybe not...Glad he had a good vet visit and I'm also a chicken about nails, I have the groomer do Samson & Angel :)

G

·
Wow...big puppy...I think Jetta may have JUST reached 40 lbs...and she's just over 6 months...I don't weigh her enough...I trim both of my dogs nails weekly...the cats'...and all three of my mom's dogs nails EVERY week-  I think all said it's well over 100 nails a week, lol...no qualms about it here...and I've only hit the quick 2X when I was just learning on Jetta...thankfully she hasn't held it against me, lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wow sounds like he will be a big boy.  I am chicken with nails to but I need to learn to do it myself.  I always planned on getting a dremmel but never had.  Just have to add it to my list of things I need to get.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My mom doesn't like big dogs, Jake is 95 lbs and she just now has started to like him, she thinks were a little crazy for having two big dogs.  Samson's daddy was aroung 80 lbs and the breeder told us that she thought he was going to be bigger than his dad.  I think she was right.  But sometimes its nice having big dogs, the cable came the other day and I think he was a little itimidated by the dogs.  I had to put them outside, but heck it sure help deter people from messing with us.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I thought I was getting pretty good at clipping the nails until the other day when I guess I did it wrong, Oggie let out the worst noise ever and blood everywhere.  Thank god I had the dremmel.   I don't think I'll be clipping his nails any time soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.