Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Samson to the Vet today to get his nail's trimmed, i'm to chicken to do it myself.  They weighed him for me and I was shocked my baby is 60 lbs at 6 months.  I think were in for a big baby!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am a baby too.   I got into an argument with petsmart on nail (too bad, they were 8 bucks for a manicure/pedicure) so I went to the vet and they charged 17.00   8O    needless to say, I bought some clippers and plan on doing them myself.   Also gotta get a dremmel.

Samson - too cute, hope he had an A+ vet visit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
60 lbs at 6 months!  Wow!  My 18 month old female is full grown at 54lbs!  My male we just rescued and he's 70 but the vet said was underfed and needs to put on about 8-9 more lbs...however he's 3 years old!  Don't most dogs grow until they are at least 1 year old?  He's going to be one big watchdog!  Good luck with him!  He is a beauty!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
holy! I think you are going to have a big boy on your hands!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow, that is big!  Henry was 58 pounds at Christmas, now he's 66 pounds!  Had a little growth spurt. :lol:
But he's 17 months.
Rocky was 60 lbs at 6 months, but he was a Rott-Weimar.  Ended up at 120 lbs! 8O

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woa, that's a big boy there..Maybe he will start slowing down a bit growth wise, then again, maybe not...Glad he had a good vet visit and I'm also a chicken about nails, I have the groomer do Samson & Angel :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Whoa!! What a big boy, funny they get so big but they are still just babies at that age..I bet people don't believe you when you tel them his age! Glad he had good visit.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow...big puppy...I think Jetta may have JUST reached 40 lbs...and she's just over 6 months...I don't weigh her enough...I trim both of my dogs nails weekly...the cats'...and all three of my mom's dogs nails EVERY week-  I think all said it's well over 100 nails a week, lol...no qualms about it here...and I've only hit the quick 2X when I was just learning on Jetta...thankfully she hasn't held it against me, lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wow sounds like he will be a big boy.  I am chicken with nails to but I need to learn to do it myself.  I always planned on getting a dremmel but never had.  Just have to add it to my list of things I need to get.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My mom doesn't like big dogs, Jake is 95 lbs and she just now has started to like him, she thinks were a little crazy for having two big dogs.  Samson's daddy was aroung 80 lbs and the breeder told us that she thought he was going to be bigger than his dad.  I think she was right.  But sometimes its nice having big dogs, the cable came the other day and I think he was a little itimidated by the dogs.  I had to put them outside, but heck it sure help deter people from messing with us.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I thought I was getting pretty good at clipping the nails until the other day when I guess I did it wrong, Oggie let out the worst noise ever and blood everywhere.  Thank god I had the dremmel.   I don't think I'll be clipping his nails any time soon

·
Registered
725 Posts
What a handsome BIG boy you are going to have! Make sure to get pictures...especially if he's a lap dog like mine!! LoL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts