Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so when we first got Izzie the min pin (last Saturday), she was on Science Diet (ew) and her owner gave her HORRIBLE smelly treats that were unhealthy and gave her bad breath.  BBQ rawhides, the works.

Morgan and I have really educated ourselves on diet, so we immediately started mixing her Science Diet with Merrick, which she seems to really like.  

She barely gets any Science Diet anymore, and since we first got her, she seemed to be a little constipated.  We thought maybe she was having anal gland issues, but it seemed to be slowly getting better.

This morning, she wasn't hungry.  Gave her pumpkin for her tummy, and a little canned food, wouldn't touch it.  I know that happens from time to time, with Beckham too, but it was odd.  I gave her a teeny sausage bit from the canned Merrick with her dry food, and she went from 0 to 60, and gobbed it up.

About 30 minutes later, she pooped in our bedroom on the floor.  We didn't see her do it, but it had to be her.  The poop started out small, but then was this BIG OL' thing, with a strange yellow goop in it, almost like egg yolk?? (Sorry for the grossness!)

Anyone have a clue as to what this could be about?  Is it possible that her body is detoxing with the better food/treats?  Maybe her tummy was sensitive to the canned stuff?  We're a bit thrown here.  

She's going into the vet next week, because her foster mom never had her stitches removed from the spaying, and now they're stuck in the skin also.  Poor girl. :(

Any advice as to what this might be or what could help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: I know Izzie isn't a boxer, but we need advice. Crazy p

Oh and also, she's been sneezing a lot, so might have a bit of a cold.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

I don't have any advice on the food, maybe she picked something when going potty outside.  Good luck, it may just be some diahrrea (sp)!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, we're looking online, and it may be acute colitis??  I think we switched foods WAY too fast, and her little body is freakin' out.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

could the yellow stuf be mucus? like from a nasty cold? you know how kids swallow it? and it comes out that way...

poor little thing..i hope she feels better :(

G

·
0 Posts

If you have only had her a week and she's already switched to Merrick with very like SD...sounds like too quick of a switch, you are supposed to do it over about a month

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

I am thinking also that it may be two quick of switch for her to get used to a richer food.  Poor baby, hope she does better soon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.  She's definitely feeling better. :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

Which Merrick is it?  I switched Oggie to Merrick Wilderness and he's having similiar problems.  I may go back to Canidae

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Good to hear that Izzie is doing better....Was it the fast change in food that did it? Or just adjusting to the new enviroment?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts