Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take baby out to play with moe she tries to stand on his back why is this and she tries to put her paws on his head is this normal or is she saying I am more domenint then you?  she is not aggresive towards him but she really don't like him by her but he has tried to...well...jump her...but she twist and wiggles her way out and then she growles at him and bites his face or leg gently..(for dogs any way) so what does every one think? is she ok  or should I be worried?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
How old are both your babies? I have a 2 1/2 yr old girl and an 8 month old boy and they bite each others legs all the time and just recently started jumping each other! Im thinking they are just trying to figure out who th edominent one is because we just goy our boy about a month ago

·
Registered
59 Posts
Their just trying to find their place in the pack (their rank).  They should be fine and figure it out on their own as long as there is no real  aggression.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wouldn't worry, there will always be a dominant dog in the pack....and will display dominant behaviors to reassure the other that he is dominant.  Anyway, yeah I wouldn't worry unless he starts trying to put his paws and himself on top of you.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
mine bite eachothers legs to get the other to fall in play hahahaha...i wouldnt worry Isis never ever growls or anything unless a dog tries to get ontop of her...thts when she isnt havin it ! haha...
sounds like play and trying to find their place...wouldnt worry :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sounds like they are just playing - mine do the leg biting thing and Sophie jumps on Kane's back all the time - mostly because he'd taller and handy for her to get a better look at things.  I wouldn't worry too much about the dominance issue as you are suppose to be the pack leader and they should both follow your lead.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK  I figured so much ...and to add to this funny looking trio he tries to hump her head now ahhhhhh!!! what am I going to do lol...and now when she stands on his back he lickes her privets what do I do there..I usally tell them no..bad.eww grose but I know its hopefully normal..the kids of course say mommy moe is grose and try to teach him that kinda behaviour is bad yha like that is so funny watching a 3 year old try to have a sit down with a dog and tell him that only bad people do that and he must stop or he will be in big trouble lol...what a show..anyway I have to go trying to get dinner ready and gets dog done and kids bathed ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts