Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I work nights and then turn around and work afternoons ie 11-7 come home, sleep for 4-6 hours then go back to work 3-11...

My husband sleeps at night, goes to bed at 9pm...sleeps til 5-5:15am...he then gets up goes to work...no time to let dogs out..which is fine, because I let them out at 10:40pm and then when I get home at 7:10...they can easily hold it that long...

What I am worried about is that I then try to let them run around the yard a little, burn energy...then I try to take them to my bed to sleep for awhile...however...Jetta just won't settle down..I gave her 40 min today...she just wouldn't. Bo laid right now and cuddled up...I didn't want to put Jetta in the crate but not Bo...so they both ended up in the crate for 5 more hours...What should I do differently?  Now they have to go back in the crate from 2:40 til 4ish...then they'll be out for hours and hours...sigh...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I couldn't get Kiah to come back to bed until the last couple of weeks; once she was up it was play, play, play.  Not sure if it is the cold weather or that she is getting older (15 months) that she will lay down with me especially if I let her under the covers with me.  Puppies have so much energy she must not burn it off that quickly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can I keep bo in bed with me or is that unfair? thing is jetta goes right to sleep in the crate...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I have had the same delima with my girls :D it is not wrong to keep one kenneled and the other out. If bo wants to sleep let him!! you could always take out the divider and let Jetta play with a little more room in the kennel while bo is out with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts