Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: I really need some help My boxer is 5 and just this week she has started snoring really really bad! We also noticed that she has been drinking alot!  And we have felt some lumps around her throat. We bought her diffrent dog food about a week or two ago, and a new rawhide bones. Please tell me thats all it is!!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your girl Daisey. I would suggest calling the vet asap and getting her there as soon as possible. The problems she's having don't seem to fit the food reason or even the rawhide. Unless maybe a piece became lodged in her throat but I would think that would be more severe than what's going on. Also if you're not use to giving her rawhide bones... it makes them very thirsty! When we use to give Odin the compressed rawhide which is better than the plain rawhide... he'd go drink his whole bowl of water practically. So that might be the reason for thirst but please don't hesitate... take your baby girl to the vet... it also sounds like it could actually be something serious! Better to be safe!!

Hope some one else can give you better advice on her symptoms but I think the best person to do that would be the vet! Please keep us updated!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I agree with Marie.  It might be something more serious like swolen thyroid or something.  Take Miss Daisey to the vet today!
Welcome to the forums and please keep us updated.  I'll pray for y'all! :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Please get her to the vet. My Rowdy had lymphoma and his gland around his neck swelled up - I certainly hope this isn't the case for you but I would get that looked at immediately!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum; I agree with everyone else, please take her to the vet, if it is something serious at least it will be caught  early.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Hey ebody thanx so so much! We took the rawhides away last night, and she had a good night she didn't snore at all! We are still taking her to the vet though to make sure!  :?  But thanx to ebody that helped! I'll let ya'll know about Daisey!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome and good luck!  Please let us know how it goes at the vet.  

All of our babies have snored to some extent.  Calli was the worst....could rattle the windows.  Teaki never really did too much but in the last year she has been really loud at times (she is 7).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts