Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

I am working really hard to train Jetta to use the crate/housetrain.  Some days I work third shift, and it was my understanding that my husband would let her out before he went to bed...around 1 or 2 am and once in the night.  Well, last night, he goes to bed around 4, but did not let her out after midnight.  I called him around 5:30 and asked him to take her out and he refused...thankfully she didn't have an accident. Then this morning, he gets up around 11:30, lets her out...only waits for her to pee, brings her in and gets mad that she pooped in the house...then he feeds her...doesn't take her out and gets mad again when she poops in the house...now he saying that if I'm not up or at home he will not let her out of her crate...I really don't know what to do about him...he won't admit it's his fault...and I know that when I am watching her, she rarely has an accident, I take her out every couple of hours, I make sure she pees and poops...and I've told him all this, but he doesn't "have time" to take her out so much...I am just sooo fustrated...I want her to have a happy, successful life, but my husband is making it sooo difficult...sigh

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
that really sucks when you dont get cooperation...  I had the same problem with Shaun... not that he ever refused to take Jessie out... But when I would tell him the proper way to walk her and deal with her behavior he never did it... and he wonders why she's a different dog with me then she is with him...

Sorry i strayed a little bit.  Until your DH sees that hes the one making the mistakes not Jetta, theres not much you can do!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i have a hubby thats a pain in the ass//hes my third son lol..unless im there saying do it now he wont or hell forget..or he was busy.. :roll: ya busy doing nothing..anyway hahha...if it were me...id take a different approach..heres my psych degree kickin in..haha

say thats ok baby i know you are tired and need your sleep so ive arranged for "so n so" to come over and let the puppy out when i cant be here..i dont know how your hubby will take that but mine would feel stupid and realize that hes being unreasonable..

i have to get on my hubby to the point of writing a dam note in red sharpie and tapeit to our front door..he gets up at 430 am and wakes the dogs and leaves...so of course they have to pee...and Isis was a cage dog until we got her...she might still have an accident if shes really really gotta go...so i tape that big note to the inside of the front door..."DID YOU LET THE DOGS OUT?" AND YES YOU HAVE TO WAIT AND LET THEM BACK IN" LUV YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY..

HAHAHAHAHA BUT IT WORKS...college degree in chemistry and in the army and has to have notes to remember simple things hahahahahaha luv him though..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
girl i feel your pain! my bf is the WORST!! i let the girls out at 630 every morning and he doesnt get up til around1030 or 11. He is horrible about letting them out of the kennel and not taking them straight out to potty....then he wonders why Reese sometimes goes on the carpet...DUH!! we have had numerous arguments over "didnt i tell you as soon as you let them out of the kennel to take them out???...wait for bf's reply....Then why didnt you take them out??" it is frustrating. As soon as you figure out share the knowledge, cause lord it sure would help!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
kysims\";p=\"33833 said:
...say thats ok baby i know you are tired and need your sleep so ive arranged for "so n so" to come over and let the puppy out when i cant be here..i dont know how your hubby will take that but mine would feel stupid and realize that hes being unreasonable.....
I say try that.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
CrazieKC\";p=\"33846 said:
[quote="kysims\";p=\"33833":gdgl77mp]...say thats ok baby i know you are tired and need your sleep so ive arranged for "so n so" to come over and let the puppy out when i cant be here..i dont know how your hubby will take that but mine would feel stupid and realize that hes being unreasonable.....
I say try that.[/quote:gdgl77mp]

me too that sounds like a great idea!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yup, I think Ky has the right idea! Marq generally doesn't have to do much for the dogs, but if I ask, he will help me..When I have had to go back to Cali, he has taken really good care of them, so that is one area I never worry about, thankfully..Yup, I'm lucky  :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I guess I am lucky too, Billy is really great with Chloe and always get up in the middle of the night if he hears her ringing the bell. I of course hear it too but act like I don't because I know he will do it.  :lol: For some reason I think that is all about to change tho once Brodie gets here. Love Ky's idea. LMAO

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG!! so i know i posted earlier, but aquagirl-man i am right there with you!! when i came home tonight from work  my bf was on his lunch break and was home and had the girls out. did he take them out?? NO!!! so what happened?? He put reese back in the kennel and she pee'd and poo'd inthe kennel!! now the house reeks of poo (she started eating it to!!  :sick: ) I told my bf that if he didnt get it cleaned up before he left i would smear the poo all over his clothes and take the washer hoses off to where he couldnt  wash them....it got cleaned up :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Kelly is awesome with the boys...we are double  blessed, because we never had to get them up/out in the middle of the night...but, if we did, he would...do you think it would help if you printed up some stuff off the net about cratetraining? In particular, the stuff about how it's OUR fault if they have an accident?

Personally, if he's not gonna watch her and he's going to get angry if she has an accident, I would probably be control freak enough to say "fine" and do it myself...or, as suggested, arrange for someone who understands to do it...she doesn't need the fear factor in her housetraining!

Good luck...I would be frustrated, too!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like the bell idea, I'm going to try that as part of Logans potty training. An to reply to the forum, the past couple days when my hubby goes out to smoke (I'm not a smoker and when I was it wasn't allowed in the house) he hasn't brought him out, moments later I go in the kitchen only to find an accident. Why not just bring him out with you even if he went 20 minutes ago. They just don't get it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Was it also his decision to get a dog? Remind him of that!  My hubby is good except in the middle of the night.  He is a very deep sleep and Brady is a 2 a.m. pee-er so 9 out of 10 nights, it's on me to get up in the middle of the night. On the 10th night, I claim how tired I am (typically, we go to bed at 11, get up around 5 or 5:30 and when I take Brades out at 2 a.m., it takes me about 45 minutes to go back to sleep) and tell him it's his turn. For some reason, on those nights, he hears Brades get up before I do.

That's ok though, I love my babies and as agitating as it is to get up each night, it's fun to see them. :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ok maybe i made my hubby sound like a total idiot hahaha hes really not..hes jsut so so country laid back..from oklahoma and does everything country slow..i am from boston mass..east coast..do everything in hurry up fashion RIGHT NOW even if theres nothing to hurry for haha..

if i ask him to do anything, he will but it has to be a right then situation..if i ask about something tomorrow id better remember to write him a note and call..

> 2 sons that are 4 & 8 ( the younger being autistic due to a prolonged intubation)
> 2 dogs
> 20 pound siamese cat that swears hes a dog
> my business that never stops..office is at home..clients seem to always want to play stupid at 2am & forget Hawaii is 6 hours behind east coast
> we are avid surfers...partly b/c its theraputic for my autistic son partly b/c we love it
> and being an Army wife who's very involved with Frg and command

....in there do i have time to remember my name nevermind something i asked yesterday? hahahahahaha

i wish you luck sweetie..maybe hubby needs some alone time with the pup? maybe that bond isnt there yet? if he had some alone time maybe hed get more attatched and therefore feel more intune to the pups needs? i dont know...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My hubby is good now (that Odin is potty trained) but boy was he a butt when Odin wasn't. He'd stay out there for 5 mins waiting for Odin to poop after he'd pee but he wouldn't... then I'd go out there and walk around towards the back further and call him and Odin would follow and the start pooping. He'd refuse to walk around the backyard. NOT REFUSE but NOT walk around with Odin like I'd TELL HIM TO DO.

SOOO FRUSTRATING!! SORRY you're having such a problem with your DH JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm Mastray...sounds EXACTLY like Mike...lol  he thinks she she poop right away and he sits on the steps and waits...won't walk etc...I got home from work today and took Jetta out and had her run chasing me...she pooped and peeed within 10 min...just had to get her moving...sigh..I wish he would understand...and he does seem to like her...just not her potty habits...he was a little hurt today while we were training her...she owuldn't come to him...it was prolly cuz she could sense he wasn't happy with her earlier...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
He's a typical male........mine is the same way.  If I ask him to feed the dogs one feeding as I'm going to be late he acts like I asked him for his left nut. Yes, I did say that and that is how it is.  He is wonderful though anytime I've had a major health issue with my dogs on supporting me thru it.  He doesn't get the smaller issues and says that I baby them too much and they will be fine.  He means well, but is more on the typical side of Maledom.  I like the idea of telling him you are going to get someone else to come in and let out the dog as you know he needs his sleep.  That should stir the male ego.......

Nano

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, my Ken is pretty good and helpful.  He knows having a puppy is like having a baby and needs extra work.  It's our 13 yr.old son who doesn't seem to get it.  He thinks he knows how to do everything and doesn't need stupid momma telling him what to do! :roll:
What I've found that works with the boy is getting a book from the library, talking to an "expert" where he can hear, or pointing out an "expert" on TV.  Then he's like oooooooohhhhh, that's how it's done.  Well DUH!  That's what I've been saying all along! :roll:   BOYS!
Any how.  Maybe getting some "expert" advice in the form of printed material will help.
Good luck! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts