Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I checked out the food I was feeding and holy comolie...
So I went looking for sites for the different pet stores we have around here and found one with a few products I have seen talked about on here... so I copied the list of dog foods that they carry and I wanted to see which ones were most recommended on here.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I personally on that list would feed -

Solid Gold
Innova
Wellness
Cali-Nautral
Chix Soup

**However remember all food is different and has different effects on different dogs.   What food are you currently on?   Out of these, I would say Chix Soup or Wellness - they are more economial for two dogs as well as well rounded.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently... Pedigree adult.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I actually like Chix Soup - its a well rounded almost lateral food to Canidae - its also price friendly as well.  Here are 1.2 of the ingredients -

Chicken, turkey, chicken meal, ocean fish meal, cracked pearled barley, whole grain brown rice, oatmeal, millet, white rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potatoes, egg product, tomato pomace, duck, salmon, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, choline chloride, dried chicory root, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, tomatoes, blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake

24% Protein -

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloversso ... g_formula/

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right... That looks and sounds way better than some of the ingredients I have read before.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Desiree, I feed mine Chicken Soup and they are great with it..Angel has issues with the rich foods(tried Blue), and she is a bit picky as well, but she plows thru her kibble every meal now :) If you go with that and it works, ask them to stock the 35 lb bags, better deal for your money

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I feel Pro-Plan Sal and brown Rice after trying alot of the brands on the list.....There are some good foods listed and the thing is finding the one that works for your babe not all of them work for all.....Good luck on your food search

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im on canidae als but Maverick is starting to get bored with it i think so i am thinking about trying something new also. I hope i can find some other good food at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
381 Posts
SummerLuv\";p=\"68412 said:
Currently... Pedigree adult.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for and Pedigree is one of the cheaper dog foods.  Most feel that dogs should fed a diet high in meat, so ingredients like chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, buffalo, fish, venison, duck, etc.... should be the cornerstone of your dog food.  As you can imagine, it is cheaper to make a dog food with mostly grains, which is what you are getting with Pedigree.  The more expensive (and higher rated dog foods) typically have a much higher "meat" content.  

You don't have to jump all the way up to the 6* dog foods (especially if price is a concern) but I personally think it'd be a good idea to move up the quality scale a fair bit from Pedigree.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I probably wouldn't feed any of those.  Chicken soup supposedly uses Ethoxyquin so that's a deal breaker for me. Admittedly, I'm very picky about food in general (whether it's mine or my dogs).  

**edit I've been told they don't use ethoxyquin, so if that's true then I would feed that after all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts