Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I taught Piper to speak last Saturday! Woo Hoo!!! Go me.  I actually taught her in about 5 minutes, after I had a few glasses of wine.  I was amazed at how quickly she learned it.  So she does it on command now..

BUT - now it seems that a puppy who at one time was not very vocal...is now REALLY vocal.  She seems to bark alot now - espeically when she is playing.  When she does it, we give her the quiet command or ignore her, and that seems to work.  The problem is that she is now whining a lot too.  I notice it when she is just laying there, she will whine. Sometimes she does it when she plays too, and other times she will do it to get our attention.  Either way, it seems like she has really be doing it alot since Saturday when I taught her to speak.  Is she just throwing a temper tantrum? She is 4 1/2 months now..

Maybe its just a coicidence?  She doesnt appear to be in any sort of pain and acts like she is in good spirits, but I dont know whats up with the whining and barking all the sudden.  Did I create a monster???

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Look at her lil face in the sig pic, no monster there :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sounds like she likes hearing her own voice. People always ask if Skye & Storm bark (because they are deaf) it seems once they get started it is soo hard to get them to hush :roll:. The cute thing is when they bark or woo-woo it is at a different pitch than most dogs and sounds funny

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
memy\";p=\"123689 said:
Sounds like she likes hearing her own voice. People always ask if Skye & Storm bark (because they are deaf) it seems once they get started it is soo hard to get them to hush :roll:. The cute thing is when they bark or woo-woo it is at a different pitch than most dogs and sounds funny
I loooove the woo woo's :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It could be a little of teaching her and puppy stage.  Kiah will still talk back sometimes and whine if she wants to play.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="zulu\";p=\"123687":3prempvi]Look at her lil face in the sig pic, no monster there :lol:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
OMG. . ..how freaking cute. . . .i love her !! :lol:

You must be one proud mommy :D  :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote="48Dodge\";p=\"123702":2h3cdojn]Just be glad that Piper is only talking.

·
Registered
421 Posts
OMG, that is the cutest little puppy bum I have ever seen! She might jsut be going through a phase testing you much like skin children would. Eddie went through a two month brat phase at that age. He would bark, be nippy, and whined whenever he thought he could get away with doing so.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crazylegs\";p=\"123744 said:
OMG, that is the cutest little puppy bum I have ever seen! She might jsut be going through a phase testing you much like skin children would. Eddie went through a two month brat phase at that age. He would bark, be nippy, and whined whenever he thought he could get away with doing so.
Hmmm...brat phase!  Good word for it!  I think thats exactly what she is going through!

She is cute while doing it though  :lol: Makes it hard for disapline  :eek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
See...that's what I'm afraid of! This is the only reason I've been hesitant to teach Hoos to speak. I know I could deal, but if he was too vocal, it would drive my wife nuts! I think I'll just wait and see.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds like a puppy thing, but I'm no one to give advice on this subject.  My Ginger always barked (even at 9wks) and is pushing 7 now and still won't shut-up!  Ignoring, scolding, nothing works.  Then she taught my puppy Max all about it, so now he's super barkey too!  Good thing is he gives her what she's been giving me all these years!  My house is a mad-house!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, she's discovered her voice and likes it :lol: But they also go thru that "mouthy" phase to that gets a bit annoying, so it also could be that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts