Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
i guess I will throw in my 2 cents. Have never personally owned a female, but that is all my gf has owned. I find females to be more clingy, more protective and easier to train. Males are more independent and stubborn. Just my experiences. lol

Speaking of girls we will be getting this little nugget next Saturday.
Well to state the, obvious she has a tail! :)

But that aside when did this happen? The last I recall you were "Contemplating" a GSD? And I must say that "stating the girl (Boxers) are easy to train and then switching breeds is kinda cheating? :)

But congratulations, anyway and sorry about your rescue, I did not that happened. :(

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Well to state the, obvious she has a tail! :)

But that aside when did this happen? The last I recall you were "Contemplating" a GSD? And I must say that "stating the girl (Boxers) are easy to train and then switching breeds is kinda cheating? :)

But congratulations, anyway and sorry about your rescue, I did not that happened. :(
Thanks Chip. Yup, as far as I know now most breeders do not dock the tails of rotties anymore in accordance with the German standard ( I think). Its my gf's dog but I will end up doing the training. lol So technically no, I haven't got myself another dog, but we got a 2nd dog:)

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Thanks Chip. Yup, as far as I know now most breeders do not dock the tails of rotties anymore in accordance with the German standard ( I think). Its my gf's dog but I will end up doing the training. lol So technically no, I haven't got myself another dog, but we got a 2nd dog:)
LOL well of course you know we notice the tail's and stuff! The first Boxer's I ever saw with tail's was at my first Boxers' and Buddies event. It seemed a bit odd at first, but hey they were still the exact same goofy dog's! Now given a choice with a "Boxer," I would want a docked tail but you know not a make or break. Same with a Rotty for me.

But I have to say I am glad I am not into Dobbies! They are not my thing but a Dobbie with Floppy ear and a tail? Ugh, kinda look like mutt to me? But hey as you said they are the "Germans," dogs and they get to set the rules. :)

It is these guys I think?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i guess I will throw in my 2 cents. Have never personally owned a female, but that is all my gf has owned. I find females to be more clingy, more protective and easier to train. Males are more independent and stubborn. Just my experiences. lol

Speaking of girls we will be getting this little nugget next Saturday.
Nice Matt, I use to have rotties. They are awesome dogs. Both mine were females and very docile and smart. My friend had a male he was nice too but a bit more aggressive but not in a bad way. One of my favorite breeds and if I didn't live in a subdivision I'd still have rottweilers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts