Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dont really know why I am posting this lol, but I just got my boxer popeye, about a month ago, and I think he would like a play mate. I was going to get a kitten, but I think I'd rather get another dog. Popeye is my 1st boxer, but I have always been in love with them, so I think I would like another. It would be ideal to get one close to the same age. (he is 5 months) just wondering what everyone thinks about the idea  :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
well hubby and i have just decided to get another boxer baby. We will be picking her up tomorrow!!!!I cant wait. From what i hear Boxers are better with a playmate. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
lol i say do it.. i would...  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
They are a bit contagious huh? Can't stop with just one... :) Without a doubt, I think they are better in pairs, or more. If you feel that you can handle 2 pups, well I say go for it! I would get a female tho, I like the m/f combo, less fighting. It is nice when they have a playmate close to their age, that is the biggest drawback with the 8 yrs that separate Samson & Angel, he just cannot keep up with her!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, they are contagious hahaha! Thing is, I am crate training popeye at the moment, and I really dont have enough space for another....well crate lol... what should i do ....:?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I was told from the breeder we are getting our little girl from that if we get a BIG crate then Chance and our little girl can share the crate since they are so close in ages. Which we still have our Black Labs crate so it works out nice

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats awesome! I was wondering if they could be together....now I know :D! But the crate I have now is definitely not big enough for 2. I just measured mine and its 36 by 24.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have one 36x26 crate for Mia and the great dane one for Toby (forget how big.. but you know its big! lol)... When I stayed in a 3rd floor apartment, I put something flat across the top of the crate and covered it with blankets or table cloth looking things and used them as "tables" to sit junk on.. lol That way no one would be like "Oh god look at those dog cages".. and now. I could care less.. When (not if) I get another boxer, I'll have three crates up!  :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K Im super excited, I just decided, I am definitely getting another Puppy for sure! cant wait!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good luck! Let us know when you find a baby!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Im gonna start looking now! if not another boxer, I think maybe some type of medium sized terrior. :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
Where are you located? Maybe some of us can help you find another baby!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I wanted a girl boxer... but hubby says it's a bully breed and he couldn't imagine having a female bully (breed). LOSER! I told him he better not let anyone on here find out! LOL So don't say anything to him lol  :wink:

·
Registered
948 Posts
lol I like my girl just fine thank you! and she's got plenty of attitude!  :wink:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
she is really cute....i really worry about and pit bull mixes but if it doesnt worry you and you are comfy with it then go for it...she is beautiful

·
Registered
948 Posts
pitbull mixes are wonderful!! but I'm biased!! lol

1 - 20 of 91 Posts