Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize that everytime I post it's a health concern about Tanzy, I swear if it's not one thing it's another.

This morning I let her out, and when I went to get her I noticed she had something huge in her mouth. So happens the other night I roasted a chicken for dinner. One of my cats must have gotten into the trash and Tanz had the carcas in her mouth! I don't think she had it for very long... But I am obviously freaking out. She must have grabbed the carcas and ran from the trash over onto the grass to play with/eat it.

I gave her some bread and had her drink some water. Please tell me she's going to be okay! I really don't think she got any big bones...

I googled it and most people said their dogs were fine - but I am still very concerned.

Thanks guys :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would call your vet just to be on the safe side,  they may say it is alright and also give you some symptoms to look out for.  Hope all is well and there are no problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My cat too got a hold of some chicken wings and brought them to our boxer---  he was and is just fine... but it was scary after reading and looking things up about it..  I would just watch her for the next couple of days to make sure she is using the bathroom ok and make sure there is no blood in her stool!  If there is take her in asap!  Hope everything works out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

It's awful because I'm at work and she's home... I want to leave but it's hard to with my job.
I know I have a tendency to over-react, but my stomach is in knots!

I think I'll end up leaving here anyway. She's way too important to take a chance on!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

She's fine... It's been 24hrs and she's pooped and eating like normal so all is well! I didn't actually SEE her injest anything. It's obviously the one time I'm not watching her this happens. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was gross last night shining a flashlight on her poop and examining it. Oh the things we'll do for our furbabies!  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thanks for udating us, good to hear all is well.  I can imagine your neighbors peering out of a window and wondering what the heck you are looking at  :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts