Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently got a 7month older from a breeder. During that week it couldn't eat and all it did was sleep. After a few visits to the vet he discovered that the puppy has coronovirus. The vet has put it under some antibiotics. What is going on in mind is that i think the breeder lied. I think they knew all along the puppy was sick and wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible. I do not know much about the condition. Can it totally be treated with antibiotics? I feel sorry for my friend because she really needs a companion.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for sharing this. I am hoping that the antibiotics can help flash it out asap. It is still highly dehydrated from all the vomiting and diarrhoea and still needs proper care and attention. I hadn't come across this condition elsewhere and it is good to be informed.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I would just let the breeder know that the dog has Coronavirus and that its being treated by a vet. That way she can protect any other dogs she may have, in the event she was unaware.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Aww, man it sucks that she is having to deal with this crap, the whole point of going to a breeder in the first place, is in part so that crap like this ... does not happen!

But sometimes "crap happens" fortunately it is not "Parvo!" Life with "Boxers" can be full of heartbreak ... as many of us are "sadly" aware. :(

Sill ... life with a "Boxer" even with the "potential" for unexpected ... "heartbreak" is better than life without one! Least ways that how I see it, hopefully her dog recovers ... and she can get on with the crazy "OMG" what have I done thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts