Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway... I wanted to vent a little because I guess I got all worked up for nothing. I saw a flyer at my gym a couple of days ago with a "free to go home" title. Dixie a 1 1/2 year old brindle boxer girl. I was ecstatic because honestly I would love another boxer, preferably a girl but don't have the money to get a puppy. So I call the number... no one answers and leave a message saying that I'm interested and would like a little more info... also leaving my number... also saying that I'd like a call back either way... meaning also to know if she's been sold! Anyway, they've not called me back!? It's been 3 days going on 4 now. If they don't have her any more take the flyer down... at the very least give me a call back and tell me you don't have her anymore! I'm so sad... basically because I got all worked up and excited thinking about Odin having a brindle boxer girl friend. I just think it's common curiosity  to tell some one you don't have what you posted anymore. And I guess I shouldn't get all worked up before I even talk to them... couldn't help it though!! Boxers are awesome!

I guess I'm also posting so that maybe if any one knows or has seen a brindle boxer girl on craigslist, newspaper, flyer etc. Please let me know... I'm interested but of course they've got to be at  least 3 hrs from me. Well... actually let me know anyway and then I'll determine whether it's possible or not to make the trip! I'm looking though...I'm not in a rush to find one...

Thanks ahead of time for anyone's help!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sorry to hear that marie! i agree take the fliers down and have the courtesy to return someones phone call.will keep my eyes open for a brindle girlfriend for odin!  :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Marie, why don't you try to go through a rescue org to find a female?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm sorry.  Hopefully they will call back.  Did you try to contact them again?  I hope you find what you are looking for if you can't have her.  If I hear anything I will let you know

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That would frustrate me too...atleast a call to let you know if they found her a home or whatever.
I would be calling back thats for sure! I would try calling at a different time than the first call in hopes of catching them home.
Perhaps try blocking my number too so if they had caller ID they might be more apt to answer out of curiousity of who could be calling.  :D
Those are two tricks that I used when I can't get a hold of someone...they usually work!
Let us know if you hear from them!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tootsie\";p=\"85699 said:
Marie, why don't you try to go through a rescue org to find a female?
Well I've started looking through rescues but hubby doesn't really want to spend any money. He said if we can rescue a boxer girl without getting charged I'm for it. He wants another boxer too though. We can afford monthly expenses and vet expenses I don't know why he wouldn't be okay with what... a $75 fee or what not to adopt. I know some are $250... it's a much larger amount so I know he'd have issues with that. But it's not really an rush... basically if it happens it happens... it was meant to be. I mainly just wanted to vent about them not returning my call... cuz' silly me got all excited and then... NOTHING.

Yeah I meant to say I did call back later that evening but didn't leave a message since I'd just left one. Maybe I'll try again today. I mean, I'm sure they don't have her anymore or they'd have called me back since they want to get rid of her.

That's like people on craigslist that don't DELETE their posts! That's annoying too! lol sorry that was a little off topic!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hopefully when you call back they will answer or least respond to you.  It would frustrate me also.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Isnt it a pain in the butt? I feel your pain! I hate when people dont return calls just to let you know not to keep thinking about it....where is Florida are you? Sometimes i get bored and just look up boxers in different places...maybe ill scan florida ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pensacola... 7 miles from the AL/FL border. 2 hrs going west lands me in Biloxi, MS  :wink: LOL I think I looked it up once and its 9 hours to Miami.  8O I've driven 11 1/2 straight though and would be willing to go some where that would total that, like 6 hrs to... 6 hrs from... though that doesn't leave much time for "meet & greet".

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
How frustrating  :( Maybe you could leave your name/number with some local shelters and explain your experience with boxers and ask to be notified if they know of one? Our local SPCA has a message board for such postings maybe yours has something similar?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I find it crazy that there are SOOOO many boxers in rescue, shelters, craigslist in America and not that many in Canada...i wish there were more places that would do a without borders type rescue because i think a lot more dogs could be rescued. sorry that was off topic but this topic just made that pop into my head....the idea of finding a boxer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts