Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.  I haven't been on at all in the last few months due to my hectic schedule.  Between my babies, school, and work it's hard to find time to myself.  I see that I've missed so much.  But, I just wanted everyone to know that I'm still here and I will be on again more often.  I'm glad to be back.

I also have to get you guys some updated pictures of the babies.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i was just thinking about you last night dana!! i saw the siggy in an old post and was wondering what happened!! i know how life gets so hectic, glad to have you back and you konw our pic addiction....please update us on how the gang is doing!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I have plans of breeding, so when Roxy turned two I started all her health testing.  It turns out she has a slight heart murmur and the cardiologist recommended not breeding her.  So Roxy got spayed two weeks ago and has to go back today to get her stitches removed.

Second, Jersey is growing like a weed.  She is 8 months old now and is such a little terror.  It's like she has the terrible twos.  She has so much energy but yet, she never wants to leave Roxy's side.  But no matter what we still love her.

Third, (This should probably be posted in the Rainbow Bridge section) Astro has passed away.  On February 13th, Astro go out of my boyfriend's dad's house.  We searched for him all day and all night and he was nowhere to be found.  I reported him lost and posted an ad on craigslist.  He was missing for a whole week when I recieved a call from the animal control officer from the next town over.  She told me that she had Astro but she had bad news for me.  He had been hit by car and was gone.  My boyfriend, my mother, and I went to pick up his body to bring him to my job at the vet and get him cremated.  The animal control officer had told me that he had been running back and forth for three days and they were trying to catch him.  People from the nearby apartment complex were throwing him food and trying to catch him but he was so scared that he kept running away.  She also told me that on the night before he passed, he got hit by a bus and ran off according to the bus driver.  Then the following afternoon he got hit by a car and she thinks it was instant.  It's been a month since he's been gone and I still cry everyday.  My boyfriend is so devastated.  Astro was closest to him and he feels like he lost his best friend.  He keeps saying he wants another but when he starts to look he gets upset and says he doesn't want another, he wants Astro back.  It has really been so hard for us.  This is also the other reason I wasn't on for a while.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awwww Jeez..RIP Astro..i am so very sorry you guys had to go through that..poor guy..i know it must be so hard to think about...

we are all here for ya...bu this you already know..

glad to hear the girls are doing well..despite Roxy's little issue..glad its nothing serious..

psssssssssssst..we love new pics :D lol

glad to have you back..hopeing your hearts heal as much as they can anyway... * hugz *

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome back. I am so sorry to hear about Astro. That is terrible news.  :(  Sorry to hear about Roxy's murmer too, I hope it is nothing too serious.
Glad to have you back, and am looking forward to some new pics!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear about what happened to Astro. Cannot begin to imagine what you all went thru....Glad to hear that Jersey is doing well and that Roxy is as well, despite her little murmer...Yes we definitely need some updated pics of the kiddos :)

Welcome back Dana

1 - 13 of 13 Posts