Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another boxer. so bad i cant stand it. i have 2 dogs, one of course a boxer and the other a very old mixed breed small dog. she doesnt really play with harley and would love for harley to have a friend to play with, along of course adding to the family. its just that my husband is in the army, and is deploying the begining of 2008, also when our 2nd child is due. when he deploys i will be moving back home 1600 miles to NC..it would be impossible and unfair to drag yet another dog with me that far, then move back here to texas after hubby is home after being gone over a year. i guess i will just have to wait until he is home in 2009 to get harley a sister. :(   i know im being selfish but i always wanted 2 boxers, espically so they could play togather.  this post really has no purpose just a small vent if you will lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've got 2 currently, but Astro is not always here.  My boyfriend pretty much lives with me but does go back to his dad's house about once a month, and stays for a week, and he takes Astro with him.  So technically I don't always have 2 Boxers.  You see, I got Roxy and technically she is mine.  I got Astro for my boyfriend as a Christmas present, but we share him, so he's both of ours.  Although, if my boyfriend leaves/goes home to his dad every once in a while, Astro goes too.  My boyfriend is getting the new puppy for me for our 2 year anniversary, so then I will technically always have 2 Boxers.  I do have to say, you can't just have one.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think your post had plenty of purpose...We were all talking about that last nite in chat actually. I'd love another, but Marq & I agreed that 3 boxers in this house is just too much...I go the yard, but it just wouldn't be fair, course if I keep seeing all these cuties, I may cave in!!!!

Having 2 so they can play together is great, but I can understand why it would be a hardship, esp if you are going to have to move home for a bit...Your parents may not take kindly to 2 rambunctious boxers....Actually mine all have traveled very well, they love trips actually, well except for the long plane ride to Belfast, they told me they didn't like that!  :lol:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
how big of a yard does the home you will be at have? If you have a good  yard, then i dont really see too big a deal with getting a second boxer. I wouldnt go over two though. We currently have two and i want another, but i know that it wouldnt be fair to add a third to the mix, especially because the yard we do have at the townhome is small.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote="Chloesmom\";p=\"16113":pqvf4d6x]how big of a yard does the home you will be at have? If you have a good

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That sounds like a plan.....Look when you get there and get settled in and then by the time you have to go to Texas then your new pup and your kids will be older and probably more up for the road trip from NC to Texas
:)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
it sounds like a good idea to wait til you get where you are going. Moving back to texas will be easier since  your husband will be back at that time. keep us posted on your search

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds like you have done alot of thinking on this.  Having a new puppy, new baby and hubby gone isn't going to be easy on anyone.  Driving back that far with two babies and three dogs would be very hard (we moved from VA to MI with two boxers, two cats and two young children half the distance you would be going and I had my husbands help it was still a very hard drive).  

When you get settled in with your parents you also might want to try rescue and getting a boxer near Harley's age, I know ours have usually been 5-6 years in age apart and it is harder for the older ones to keep up with the young ones but it does give them good exercise!  :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sounds like you have a good plan.  I love having 2 and it does give them good company.  Heck, I would love to have 3 but OH said no.  :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts