Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've giving the pups (8 months) a little bit more freedom and have put their crates in a spare bedroom... leaving them open so they can go in and out / play together during the day while we're at work.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: I'm a horrible mommy!

I dont know much...but I think i would call your vet, local poison control, and make them drink alot of water to try and dalute what they have drank.  I would also send a emergency PM to Sharon for her advice.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

DM_Boxers: I tried to find a post by Sharon but no luck... I'm rushing to leave the house to go to work and don't have much time to search.  The pups seem fine this morning.  I'm just naturally worried.  

I don't know why some posts stay at the top and others get lost in the dust???  :roll: I can't post anything on BF from work b/c my gov't computer won't allow me to.  I hope that I get some advice soon... I'm taking a half day (hubby is not leaving till I get home) so that one of us is here to watch 'em just in case.  

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

You're not a horrible mom!  Stuff happens.  Rocky got a hold of my lighter last week and ingested some lighter fluid.  IMO they're going to be fine but I know that your still going worry.  I'd just keep a close eye on them, which sounds like what you are doing.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts

Things happen! :)  Its just Boxers, they will get into evertything they are not supposed to :roll:

You and your OH are great parents, you are playing tag team to watch over the little monsters where most ppl would have just left and not cared. :roll:

Zulu dunked his "entire" head into a pot of paint when we were decorating once and we almost had a heartattack, he was ok, just a bit white on the face for a while 8O  :D

Hope they are right as rain soon, and that the smell goes away! :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

haha Zulu...what a funny boy.  I can just picture that.

As far as drinking the Nature's Miracle, I wouldn't be too worried...I'm sure they got some in their mouths, but since boxers aren't amazing with drinking from cups I'm sure that most of it ended up on the floor!  A little bit of that stuff goes a long way smell wise, so I'm sure they didn't get too much down (unless they lapped it up off the floor...maybe it tastes really good? :p)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

I just saw this one and am thinking that maybe all has been okay....but......I would look on the bottle for a number to call the company and ask them about it....I would think that you could have a mild throat irritation, vomiting or loose stool from it.....I know it contains citrus and alcohol but I dont know in what amounts....It is listed as a non-toxic item but that is always depending on how much is taken since it is not made to be drank :)

IF they are doing well....then that is great!  Just keep a close eye

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to update everyone... the pups were acting fine but I just had to have peace of mind :roll: , so off to the vet we went.  $500+ later  :cry: ... they have a clean bill of health (except Jasmine who had a uti again - I swear this poor pup has had more uti's than I can count!).  Anyways they usually put her on Clomix (sp?) for everything but this time the vet put her on a different anibiotic, so hopefully it will go away once and for all.  

Well we're off to VA Bch for the Holiday weekend  :D  Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Holiday!

http://www.hotprofileplus.com/ http://www.hotprofileplus.com/ http://www.hotprofileplus.com/

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Is it a once a day antibiotic? Did they tell you to give the antibiotic at night so it stays in her bladder all night long to combat the bacteria?  Give it right before she goes to bed.

Nano

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Glad to hear that they are both alright...minus the $500 vet bill!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hey, it's better to sure right? But ugh that's quite a vet bill...Oh ask Alexa(sadiesmomma) about UTI's, poor Sadie had them forever

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
You know i would have done the same i think, im a worrier too :wink:

My small dog Stumpie nicked a piece of easter egg, a big piece, and then started to be sick, i was worried sick he had choc poisoning, it was 1230 at night and hubby was in Africa so i was alone, i crapped it and watched him like a hawk, i think i fell asleep sitting on the couch with him on my lap about 5 in the morning, woke up with a stiff neck and the little bugger had gone up and got into my bed 8O "Thanks Stumps" :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts