Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know it has been ages since i have last posted on the board. To let everyone know i sadly never did find my baby chloe. It has been a rough month but things are looking better. It seems like so much longer!! any way- i want to thank everyone who expressed concern or tossed ideas on how to find my baby girl. It was very much appreciated. this brings me to my next announcement. in about 4 months i will be getting my new puppy. My friend pointed me in the direction of the breeder she purchased her puppy from.I have a confirmed pregnancy and will have to wait until the puppies are born so that i can pick my new baby out. after the inital time with mom and such the new pup will come home to its new family. I am so excited to bring a boxer back into my home, i just wished i didnt have to wait another 4 months!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Sorry to hear you haven't found Chloe yet. Please don't give up on her, miracles can still happen and she can still find her way back to you!
Congrats on finding a breeder and opening your home to a new pup. Who knows, maybe in four months you will have your Chloe back and a new brother or sister for her! Keep us posted....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I truly was hoping that Chloe would find her way back, but I'm with Tootsie, one never knows..Stranger things have happened...I am soo glad that you are getting another pup..I'm happy for you...Definitely keep us posted on what happens...Ok, got to ask, a male or a female? Which are you looking at?

This all has really brought home to me the value of micro chipping...Neither of mine are, but we have been talking it over and seriously considering it.....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ireland (where I live) is actually making microchipping mandatory for all dogs.  We already have our girl done, but from next year on the paper licencing system is being replaced with microchips.  I assume it will only apply to newly licenced dogs, though.

Out of curiosity, can I ask what vet prices are like for owners in other countries?  We paid EUR35 to have Tink chipped and EUR250 to have her spayed.  However, if your family qualifies for a medical card (people under a certain income level in Ireland receive all their medical care for free) you can have your dog spayed or neutered for EUR14!  No fair, ha ha!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"3527 said:
This all has really brought home to me the value of micro chipping...Neither of mine are, but we have been talking it over and seriously considering it.....
I'm all for that!! Something so inexpensive and easy. It's a little shot in the neck, and it's done!! I think I paid $15.00 at the vet's office for it. It's worth the piece of mind if she ever gets out and animal control picks her up, they scan her neck and they know who she belongs to.  8)

Lisa

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I would def microchip! My girl is already done and so will the next pup!! Our vet charged $40 but they did everything for me! Even registered the number! I still think its a little too high but I would definetly pay the $40 again in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome back!
I agree with everyone else about the micro chipping and about not giving up hope with finding your little Chloe. It's true that miracles do sometimes happen! Don't forget that!

Heather

·
Registered
616 Posts
Glad to hear you will be hanging around with us again Andrea!  I know that you will look at every boxer you see just to see if it is Chloe.  I can't blame you there.  I hope that your new little one can fill the void that  you have been feeling.  It could never replace Chloe but they sure can give you some joy.    :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Honeyec, I forget the exchange rate for the Euro since I was there, but seems about right for the micro chip, the spay I'm not sure of as Tia was spayed when we adopted her and Angel was just spayed by the breeder before we got her.

I think it's great that they are making it mandatory to microchip for lisense purposes..Wish it would happen here, but it never will and too many dogs are not even lisenced around here

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the irony of it all is we actually had her scheduled for an exam and microchipping the following week. Which is a $20 fee here in Texas(atleast at my vet) Yes it is true that every classic fawn i see i double check to see if it my pup. We will never stop hoping that she comes back. I LOVE watching Animal Planet-Animal Miracles where people have lost a dog and months to years later they get reunited. I keep hope alive by thinking if it happened to them it could happen to me. As for the new pup i dont have a preference on whether it be male or female. I told my daughter that she could look at the pups and which ever one she wanted i would get. She has been so upset with the loss of Chloe. One thing i was wondering..in everyones opinion what is easier to house train male or female?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Andrea,
Where in Texas are you located?  We're south of Houston.  I'm sorry you haven't found Cloe yet.  We'll keep praying for you.
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Andrea, that is soo ironic...I know your daughter was really attached to Chloe, so I think that's cool that you are going to let her pick out the next one..Word of advice tho, don't pick the shyest one..Generally they tend to be timid as they get older...

I really don't know if there is a difference housebreaking a male versus a female...Maybe someone else can give you some help on that. I know we are working on that right now with Angel, really it's re-training her to realize she needs to go outside to pee, not on my carpet!!!! Plus with her 2 surgeries, her bladder was slow to heal.....I may be off base on this, but I did find it was easier to house break Buck than it has been the girls, but it could have been just a fluke.....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Good Luck with the new pup..

I cant imagine what it would be like to lose Jessie..

the people that own the house i live in, have a golden retriever, and they let him out by himself, he does his buisness then goes to the door to be let back in...

my bf asked me if Jessie would ever do that, i almost died laughing... i said even on a leash she wants to run away from us... i said she'd be a mile away before we even knew what happened...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts