Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY NEW USERS BUT I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR WHAT SEEMED TO BE FOREVER! OK IT WAS A COUPLE OF MONTHS . I WAS FORMERALY NATE 487 - MY DOGS NAME IS TYSON. i HAD CHANGED MY NAME FROM NATE 487 TO I CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER  WHAT???

MY OH SO SMART HUBBY HAD DOWNLOADED A VIRUS TO THE LAPTOP AND KILLED IT!!! ALL MY FAVORTIES AND EVEN OUR OLD EMAIL ADRESS WAS LOST IN THIS WHOLE NIGHTMARE- IWAS SO BUMMED THAT I I MISSED THE XMAS CARD EXCHANGE, HE SINCE JOINED A SALTWATER FORUM I AM STILL A LITTLE RESENTFUL THAT HE HAD A FORUM AND I HAD MISSED MY BOXER FRIENDS SO MUCH!!! SO I CAN LET IT GO A LITTLE NOW SINCE I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO BE BACK IF YOU'LL WILL HAVE ME AGAIN!

SO HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS WE HAVE A NEW ADDITION TO OUR FAMILY AND I AM HOPING THAT IT WILL WORK- WE RESCUED A MALE BOXER JUST LAST NIGHT FROM A FAMILY WHO UNFORTUNELTY CANNOT KEEP HIM - HE HAS BEEN FIXED AND WILL BE ONE ON FEB 12TH, MY OTHER BOXER SON IS A YEAR AND A HALF, THE INTRODUCTION WENT WELL NO GROWLING OR FIGHTING BUT TWO MALES SOMEONE HELP ME? MY BOY IS NOT FIXED THEY ARE BOTH BIG, ACE HAS 20LBS ON MY GUY - HE IS OBESE AND HAS JUST BEEN TO THE VET - I MADE AN APPT FOR HIM IN TWO WEEKS W/ OUR VET.

WHAT IS EVERYONES ADVISE ON THE SITUATION? THAY WERE LICKING A PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER ALL NIGHT AND SO FAR EVERYTHING IS GOOD? WILL THIS NEW MATCH WORK , I WOULD LOVE FOR TYSON TO HAVE A BUDDY...

GOOD TO BE BACK CANNOT WAIT TO GET ME SOME T-SHIRTS DID'NT SEE THOSE WHEN IWAS ON LAST!!!

STEPHANIE

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hey, welcome back & congrat on the new addition...We need some pics I believe :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome back!!! There's no sound though I feel like you've been yelling and jumping up and down the whole post!!! LOL Hope your chair is okay! lol Sorry to hear about your computer problems... we had a sort of situation like that but it wasn't a virus it was hubby partitioning his hard drive and something happened that should not have. Anyway...

I think they sound like they are doing great so far. There are plenty of two male buddies on this forum that seem to do great together. I don't really have any advice since I just have Odin... but wanted to say HELLO!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
welcome back...congrats on the new addition...can't wait to see pictures of your babies!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome back!  I am sure you will get some good advice on having two males.   I know we were told that you should never have two females together and we had 3 of them together for years.  The only thing I can think of that might cause problems is your un-neutered male.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We have two males a six month old boxer, Samson and a choc. lab who will be 5 on Feb 1.  When we first brought Samson home, Jake was not a happy boy.  We did have lots of growling but me and my husband sat with both dogs for a while and petted both of them.  It got easier after the first night but we have had a few knock down drag out brawls.  One was right before I was taking Samson for a vet visit and for no apparent reason Jake kinda attacked him.  We had a few minor cuts and the vet assured me that this would be normal until they decided who was going to be the alpha male.  Right now it's Jake.  They get along so much better now and I think Jake now really enjoys having a buddy around.  We crate Samson while we are at work and Jake sits in front of the crate the majority of the day.  Jake still gets a little annoyed that Samson has so much energy and when we are playing with him he will kinda "yell" at us for being to noisy. LOL.  He's got the grumpy old man down pat.  Other than that I think it went pretty well. I was really worried at first and put off getting a puppy for a while cause I didnt want to Jake to feel like he was getting replaced. I wish now we would have done it a little sooner although Jake has just really calmed down in the last year.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome Back! Can't wait to see some updated pics.  :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the support - i was weary at first but they seem to be doing okay! im going to keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome back, can't wait for pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts