Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross your fingers for me! Mommy to be is expecting this Sunday and she is due to have 6 puppies and hoping my little brindle male is in there. The breeder's friend is also due to have a litter on June 27th and she is expecting 8 puppies. SO hopefully between the two, I will get my baby. Kind of worried though that they are all going to end up show puppies and there won't be none for me to pick..lol.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Re: I'm going to be a mommy again! (hopefully)

Looks like they did health testing!!
Here are the recommendations from the ABC: http://www.americanboxerclub.org/health-screening.html

Those are great results for one of the females. As long as they are willing to provide you the results for all four, I wouldn't worry. I just wonder why she only gave you the results for one of the females. Maybe she didn't have the others on hand?
Fingers and paws crossed here that there will be a companion brindle male pup in one of the litters!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Hoping and wishes your way!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Oops! my mistake..she emailed me all of the results I just copied and pasted the first one I found..lol

Here is the dad to the litter due this Sunday

And Mom

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

The parents are beautiful, I sure hope they have your brindle male in the litter.  Let us know.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Wow....dad is a stud!! lol sorry... He is very handsome and mom is a very pretty brindle. Can't wait to see the puppy pics!  :D

·
Registered
948 Posts

Beauuttiiiffulll!!! I'm so jealous! Praying your little man is in there somewhere!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

My mom had to drive down to ohio with her friend that breeds and shows golden retrievers, because apparently there's a guy down there who does the hip testing in a way where you don't have to anesthetize the dog, and it's more accurate.

she took 3 dogs, 2 got excellent, one got good, or whatever 1 step down from excellent is.

·
Registered
627 Posts

The parents are beautiful!!!  I hope you get one!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts

Beautiful! i LOVE the dad.I know its none of my business but how much is the puppy price? I saw a litter for 3000 with all the health testing IMO thats expensive (3000)

·
Registered
948 Posts

I agree.. I cannot foresee paying more than $1000 for a dog.

·
Registered
627 Posts

$3,000!!!  That's a little much ya think?  I paid $1,500 for Roxy and $650 for Astro.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Yeah $3000 is going way overboard.  8O  Even with all the health testing done, a companion pup should not cost more than $1000 - $1200.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

We are paying 900. Any of the show puppies from the litter would be more of course but I didn't even discuss that with her because I just want a pet puppy. 3,000 is insane! Hubby would of divorced me if I ever thought of paying that.lol

She just sent me an email saying how the babies have become pretty active in mom's tummy making her pretty uncomfortable!  Hopefully soon I'll have puppy pics to post  :D

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

congrats!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

Just curious.....where are you getting the pup from? I was looking at a litter awhile ago from up near you! Havent been able to get in contact with her since then! :cry:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Wow, now that is one handsome boy!!! Mom looks lovely too....Congrats..I know you are excited. We will be keeping our fingers & paws crossed that there is a cute little brindle boy in that litter...Health testing looks good by the way and kudos to the breeder for releasing that to you....$900 is a good price for a "pet quality" boxer that all testing has been done on....

·
Registered
508 Posts

Wow congratulations.. The parents look very beautiful and healthy. I hope you get you another baby. Talking about puppy prices,  :signeek: . WOW! I got my little man Zeus for free. Nadda. I know a lot of people are against people like my uncle which i dont agree with the reason why he does it. He is a back yard breeder just so they can get some, if you know what i mean. But now his female cant have puppies anymore she had a litter about a month ago and all of them died because she couldnt produce milk and she layed on two of them,  :cry: . I have seen them for $3000 before but that is just outrageous. I just want a little companion friend. I would pay up to $900 for another one though, which im thinking of doing when i pay my truck off which is a few months away.
Nobody yell at me because my uncle please. :aua:

·
Registered
948 Posts

No ones going to yell at you... You can't help people who don't want it.... Like the saying...  "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts