Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idiot  :roll: just put a full tank of unleaded in his car instead of diesel and i had to go pick him up and push the car into a safer place until it can be towed away tomorrow morning. That's the kind of stupid thing you do when you're overworking!! He's doing 12 to 14 hour days, 6 days a week, because he loves his job - thank God i have Voltaire & Boxer Forums to keep me company. I'm going to read some of your posts to cheer me up!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Oh no, will that do any damage to the car?  Total dummy when it comes to cars and repairs.  This forum always brings a smile to my face, especially seeing all of the cute pictures of everyones babies.

Over working can make you do some pretty crazy things sometimes  :lol: .  I am not going to tell some of the stupid things I have done and said when I am putting in long hours.  Come February, when phase 1 of the building project is complete I will be putting in long, long hours but in the end it will be worth it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh! I wish!! And the other annoying thing is he likes his tv 'leisure time' in the evening. I go to bed early myself and nearly every night wake up at 3 or 4 am to find he's not with me but fast asleep on the sofa! So i have to wake him so he'll go to bed - else he'll quite happily share his time between work & sofa :roll: ! I'm really not happy with him this evening am i - haha!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh Annette...all I could think of is you pushing the car!  8O  Are you healed up already? I hope your surgery went well. I guess it did if you are pushing a car!  :?
The only advice I can offer is that "this too shall pass." Hoping for brighter days ahead for you and the hubby!  :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
lol, my hubby is working 6 days a week and a different shift than I work..he frequently runs out of gas in his truck and needs to be rescued...

Marie...I played that first video and Bo went nuts, lol..he was barking and whining and upset about Odin being "in the house"

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not yet sure what the unleaded has done to the motor - it could be serious according to a couple of forums i've just been looking at. It's his company car - hope the boss will be understanding 8O !
Thankyou Marie for the vids of Odin - particularly liked the pounce off the bed! :lol:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm now getting REALLY worried that he's ruined the cars motor - MUST stop reading posts on car forums!! Yes my surgery is pretty well healed - thanks!! It was only 4 holes they made in my stomach - and nothing busted open during the car pushing :wink: !

G

·
0 Posts
crap...you pushed the car after surgery?!?!?  Are you crazy woman!  Just what you would need...bust open your sutures or cause a hernia while healing...your hubby should be ashamed!

someone on allexperts.com asked:
Question
I accidentally put 3/4 tank of unleaded in my 2006 2500 4x4
diesel engine today. I drove approx. 4 miles when the truck hesitated and died. I tried to start approx 3-4 times when I realized what I had done. Will the engine most likely have to be replaced? Cost involved?
Thank You,
Kathy

the answers was:
Hi Kathy,
Get the tank drained, remove the fuel filter, and pump fuel out till you are sure it is diesel.
Then bleed fuel out anywhere you can....injector lines even, if you can get to them. Then start it, and see what happens. May be just fine, but get that gas out of it asap.

Van

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If the wife calls and does something like that, she'd better hope AAA will tow her in!  That could have ruined the motor.  As mentioned above, the very least is to drain all the gas, replace the fuel filter, and I'm sure they'll wanna try to clean every line out that they can and do a tune-up.  Well if that doesn't work, rebuild the motor.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Oh jeeze, well hopefully the damage won't be very bad.

Just make sure you don't ever put 100% E-85 ("Flexfuel") in a car that isn't designed for it, it will eat your fuel lines.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Annette...i dont know what to say!! Men....are like another child sometimes :D I am constantly fighting for time with my BF between his job, sleeping and tv!!  :roll: hope everything works out for his car!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: uhmm i think i can see BOTH of us doing that...we work crazy hours year round...hubby is Army so i dont have to say more on that one lol right now hes been working 3 am - 4 pm..5 days a week and i work 7 days a week my own biz..all hours...i am always working even holidays..but i chose to brng my office home to be here for the boys...i didnt want someone else with my sons esp the younger whos autistic..

anway sorrry about babbling about myself..didnt mean to..

sweetie i hope your day gets better..and remember that the way the world works if you come down too hard on him..you will do something jsut like he did or worse haha jsut b/c thats the way it goes...my hubby lost his wallet b/c he was over tired and put it down on the side of a wall at work..of course someone stole it..and used his bank card for gas 3 times in one day plus used it for 400 at kmart and no one asked for id...i was madddddddddddddddddddddd at him asking how could he possibly just 'put it down'...well a week later affter all my ranting at him....what did i do?out 200 cash in an envelope to bring with me to pay the cable..it flew out my truck window and into the water ( i was on a bridge)..ya lol i shouldnt have put it in the visor but i was exhausted..didnt think

haha

i really hope you have a better day....and i soooooo hope that the engine is ok..better being a company car..they have coverage and can get it fixed...im sure others have done it..

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My hubby just bought this car and he will probably be working long hours to get it paid for, for sure!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
the long hours are worth it lol ..NICE CAR !!! i bet he loves the hours jsut to drive haha...
thats the reason we are working double time too..

next years house purchase and both our new trucks..we were waiting until we got back mainland -08-09 whooo hooo

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That's exactly why I could never own a diesel.   Sometimes I'm pumping gas and I don't even remember which buttons I hit, it's just so automatic in my brain.  A friend of mine has a diesel and I remember thinking "I'd totally put unleaded in that thing by mistake."

Pile on top of that long working hours/shifts, sounds like an honest mistake.  Although a really costly one!

G

·
0 Posts
Ky...what type of autism does your little boy have? I used to babysit a little girl with Asberger's syndrome (sp?)  She was a total sweetie and I am the only one who could get through to her.  A little boy at our church has borderline autism/sensory input disorder...he is my buddy and loves to get hugged, ticked and picked up by me...they are the best kids!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts